Will “Social Work Case Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0.35% Chance of Automation
“Social Work Case Manager” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #8 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Provide individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, and making referrals for other services. May also provide care and case management or interventions designed to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to healthcare.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1022.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 55,510.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 159,310 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Healthcare Social Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Healthcare Social Workers
- Social Worker
- Social Work Case Manager
- Renal Social Worker
- Oncology Social Worker
- Nephrology Social Worker
- Medical Social Worker
- Hospice Social Worker
- Director of Social Work
- Dialysis Social Worker
- Clinical Social Worker
- Transition Specialist
- Referral Coordinator
- Public Welfare Worker
- Public Health Social Worker
- Perinatal Social Worker
- Pediatric Social Worker
- Outreach Specialist
- Outreach Coordinator
- Outreach and Education Social Worker
- Oncology Social Work
- Older Adult Social Work Specialist
- Nursing Home Social Worker
- Neonatal Social Worker
- Medical Social Consultant
- Medical Case Worker
- Medical Case Manager
- Medicaid Specialist
- Long Term Care Social Worker
- Licensed Social Worker
- Hospital Social Worker
- Home Health Care Social Worker
- Healthcare Social Worker
- Health Care Social Worker
- Group Social Worker
- Geriatric Social Worker
- Geriatric Care Manager
- Family Support Worker
- Family Support Specialist
- Family Advocate
- Elder Counselor
- Domestic Violence Advocate
- Discharge Planner
- Disability Specialist
- Disability Coordinator
- Disability Advocate
- Director of Social Services
- Community Advocate
- Certified Social Workers In Health Care
- Case Managers
- Bereavement Counselor
- AIDS Social Worker
Tasks for “Social Work Case Manager”
- Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Plan and conduct programs to combat social problems, prevent substance abuse, or improve community health and counseling services.
- Utilize consultation data and social work experience to plan and coordinate client or patient care and rehabilitation, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Investigate child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective action when necessary.
- Supervise and direct other workers providing services to clients or patients.
- Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
- Conduct social research to advance knowledge in the social work field.
- Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Plan discharge from care facility to home or other care facility.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in clients' status.
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
- Develop or advise on social policy and assist in community development.
- Oversee Medicaid- and Medicare-related paperwork and recordkeeping in hospitals.
Related Technology & Tools
- Notebook computers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Information presentation software
- Medical records software
- Database software
- Web browser software
- Calendar software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
- Relational database software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker
- Spreadsheet software
- James Frazier Associates DataStart
- Social Work Software ClientTouch
- Automated clinical information systems
- Email software
- Word processing software
- Command Systems ComServe
- Web page design and editing software
- Social Solutions ETO
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software