Will “Drug Abuse Social Worker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0.31% Chance of Automation
“Drug Abuse Social Worker” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #4 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assess and treat individuals with mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other drugs. Activities may include individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy, prevention, and education.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1023.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,880.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 114,040 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Social Worker
- Mental Health Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Social Worker
- Case Manager
- Substance Abuse Services Director
- Substance Abuse Clinician
- Residential Case Manager
- Psychotherapist Social Worker
- Psychiatric Social Worker
- Probation Officer
- Probation Agent
- Outpatient Therapist
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Social Worker
- Mental Health Practitioner
- Mental Health Case Manager
- Marriage and Family Social Worker
- Licensed Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Group Home Counselor
- Family Advocate
- Drug Abuse Worker
- Direct Service Provider
- Direct Care Counselor
- Crisis Worker
- Crisis Intervention Specialist
- Crisis Intervention Counselor
- Community Support Worker
- Community Mental Health Worker
- Community Mental Health Social Worker
- Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Case Therapist
- Case Managers
- Behavioral Health Case Manager
- Alcoholism Worker
- Addictions Counselor
Tasks for “Drug Abuse Social Worker”
- Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting the client or patient.
- Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
- Develop or advise on social policy or assist in community development.
- Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, or confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients or patients.
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse, combat social problems, or improve health or counseling services in community.
- Collaborate with counselors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, or providing support.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Increase social work knowledge by reviewing current literature, conducting social research, or attending seminars, training workshops, or classes.
- Supervise or direct other workers who provide services to clients or patients.
- Counsel clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental or physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse.
- Educate clients or community members about mental or physical illness, abuse, medication, or available community resources.
Related Technology & Tools
- Notebook computers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Email software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Command Systems ComServe
- Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker
- James Frazier Associates DataStart
- Word processing software
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Social Work Software ClientTouch
- Microsoft Publisher
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Client records software
- Database software
- Social Solutions ETO
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Excel
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Office
- Information presentation software
- Netscape Navigator