Will “HIV Prevention Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.5% Chance of Automation
“HIV Prevention Specialist” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #134 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide and manage health education programs that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. Collect and analyze data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments. May serve as a resource to assist individuals, other healthcare workers, or the community, and may administer fiscal resources for health education programs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 57,570 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Health Educators”.
Also Known As…
- Health Educators
- Public Health Educator
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Educator
- Education Coordinator
- Community Health Education Coordinator
- Community Health Consultant
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Clinical Instructor
- Child Development Specialist
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Tobacco Prevention Health Educator
- Tobacco Educator
- Risk Reduction Counselor
- Public Health Technologist
- Public Health Specialist
- Public Health Representative
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Educator/Latino Outreach Coordinator
- Public Health Analyst
- Public Health Advisor
- Program Manager for Family and Community Health Education
- Online Health and Fitness Coach
- Nurse Educator
- Lamaze International Breastfeeding Support Specialist
- Lactation Specialist
- Lactation Consultant
- Healthcare Educator
- Health Education Coordinator
- Health Coach
- Field Representative/Health Education
- Education Specialist for Voices Against Violence, Health Education Coordinator
- Education Specialist
- Education Coordinator and Public Information Officer
- Early Breastfeeding Care Specialist
- Diabetes Educator
- Diabetes Education Coordinator
- Coordinator, Tobacco-Free Wellness Center
- Coordinator, Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Coalition
- Coordinator, Chronic Disease Prevention Program
- Community Health Worker (CHW)
- Community Health Planning Director
- Community Health Educator
- Community Educator
- Clinical Educator
- Chronic Disease Manager
- Child Health Associate
- Cessation Systems Outreach Specialist
- Certified Lactation Educator
- Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Certified Breastfeeding Educator (CBE)
- Breastfeeding Educator
- Assistant Health Educator
Tasks for “HIV Prevention Specialist”
- Provide guidance to agencies and organizations on assessment of health education needs and on development and delivery of health education programs.
- Collaborate with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services and to develop goals for meeting needs.
- Develop operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
- Design and conduct evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of health education programs.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials, such as reports, bulletins, and visual aids, to address smoking, vaccines, and other public health concerns.
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations.
- Develop and maintain health education libraries to provide resources for staff and community agencies.
- Develop, conduct, or coordinate health needs assessments and other public health surveys.
- Supervise professional and technical staff in implementing health programs, objectives, and goals.
- Provide program information to the public by preparing and presenting press releases, conducting media campaigns, or maintaining program-related Web sites.
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate grant applications and grant-related activities to obtain funding for health education programs and related work.
- Design and administer training programs for new employees and continuing education for existing employees.
- Maintain databases, mailing lists, telephone networks, and other information to facilitate the functioning of health education programs.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care.
- Develop educational materials and programs for community agencies, local government, and state government.
- Document activities and record information, such as the numbers of applications completed, presentations conducted, and persons assisted.
Related Technology & Tools
- Liquid crystal display LCD projectors
- Personal computers
- Digital video disk DVD players
- Photocopying equipment
- Overhead display projectors
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Desktop computers
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Publisher
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC WONDER
- Wiki software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Blogging software