Will “Director of Sustainability” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Communicate and coordinate with management, shareholders, customers, and employees to address sustainability issues. Enact or oversee a corporate sustainability strategy.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-1011.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Chief Sustainability Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability (VP CSR and Sustainability)
- Sustainability Director
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Supply Chain Manager, Sustainability and Energy
- Director of Sustainable Design
- Director of Sustainability Programs
- Director of Sustainability
- Corporate Sustainability Process Manager
- Sustainability Research and Advocacy Director
- Sustainability Manager
- Sustainability Executive Director
- Stakeholder Manager
- Safety Manager
- Environmental and Sustainability Manager
- Environment Coordinator
- Energy and Sustainability Manager
- Chief Green Officer (CGO)
- Chief Environmental Commitment Officer (CECO)
Tasks for “Director of Sustainability”
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the sustainability research agenda.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects or events.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Create and maintain sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
- Write and distribute financial or environmental impact reports.
- Evaluate and approve proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for supplier, employee, academia, media, government, public interest, or other groups.
- Develop or execute strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education, and building design.
- Supervise employees or volunteers working on sustainability projects.
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Conduct sustainability- or environment-related risk assessments.
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Formulate or implement sustainability campaign or marketing strategies.
- Write project proposals, grant applications, or other documents to pursue funding for environmental initiatives.
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests.
- Identify educational, training, or other development opportunities for sustainability employees or volunteers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Handheld computers
- Laptop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Photocopying equipment
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Video teleconferencing systems
- Computer data input scanners
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Teleconferencing software
- Email software
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Dynamics GP