Will “Home Improvement Advisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0.75% Chance of Automation
“Home Improvement Advisor” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #38 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Advise, instruct, and assist individuals and families engaged in agriculture, agricultural-related processes, or home economics activities. Demonstrate procedures and apply research findings to solve problems; and instruct and train in product development, sales, and the use of machinery and equipment to promote general welfare. Includes county agricultural agents, feed and farm management advisors, home economists, and extension service advisors.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 25-9021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 52,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 8,620 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Farm and Home Management Advisors”.
Also Known As…
- Farm and Home Management Advisors
- Natural Resources Extension Educator
- Marine Extension Agent
- Family Resource Management Extension Specialist
- Family Development Extension Specialist
- Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Agent
- Extension Specialist
- Extension Educator
- Extension Agent
- Agricultural Extension Educator
- 4-H Youth Development Specialist
- Resource Management Specialist
- Home Supervisor
- Home Service Director
- Home Service Consultant
- Home Service Advisor
- Home Management Supervisor
- Home Economics Extension Worker
- Home Economics Expert
- Home Demonstration Agent
- Home Agent
- Home Advisor
- Future Farmers of America Advisor (FFA Advisor)
- Four-H Club Agent
- Four-H Agent
- Feed Management Advisor
- Feed and Farm Management Adviser
- Feed Adviser
- Farm Service Consultant
- Farm Service Adviser
- Farm Management Supervisor
- Farm Management Adviser
- Farm Demonstrator
- Farm Consultant
- Farm Agent
- Farm Adviser
- Family Resource Management Specialist
- Extension Worker
- Extension Service Supervisor
- Extension Service Specialist
- Extension Service Advisor
- Energy Audit Advisor
- District Extension Service Agent
- County Home Demonstrator
- County Home Demonstration Agent
- County Extension Agent
- County Demonstrator
- County Agricultural Agent
- County Agent
- Cooperative Extension Agent
- Agriculture Extension Specialist
- Agriculture Consultant
- Agricultural Extension Agent
- Agricultural Agent
Tasks for “Home Improvement Advisor”
- Schedule and make regular visits to farmers.
- Organize, advise, and participate in community activities and organizations such as county and state fair events and 4-H Clubs.
- Research information requested by farmers.
- Collaborate with producers to diagnose and prevent management and production problems.
- Conduct agricultural research, analyze data, and prepare research reports.
- Advise farmers and demonstrate techniques in areas such as feeding and health maintenance of livestock, growing and harvesting practices, and financial planning.
- Collect and evaluate data to determine community program needs.
- Prepare and distribute leaflets, pamphlets, and visual aids for educational and informational purposes.
- Act as an advocate for farmers or farmers' groups.
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
- Conduct classes or deliver lectures on subjects such as nutrition, home management, and farming techniques.
- Set and monitor production targets.
- Collaborate with social service and health care professionals to advise individuals and families on home management practices such as budget planning, meal preparation, and time management.
- Provide direct assistance to farmers by performing activities such as purchasing or selling products and supplies, supervising properties, and collecting soil and herbage samples for testing.
- Conduct field demonstrations of new products, techniques, or services.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Overhead display projectors
- Digital cameras
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Image editing software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Geographic information system GIS software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data entry software