Will “Production Stage Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Interpret script, conduct rehearsals, and direct activities of cast and technical crew for stage, motion pictures, television, or radio programs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-2012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio”.
Also Known As…
- Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Television Newscast Director
- Television Director (TV Director)
- Technical Director
- Stage Manager
- Newscast Director
- News Production Supervisor
- Associate Artistic Director
- Assistant Director
- Artistic Director
- Television Producer
- Stage Director
- Program Coordinator
- Program Arranger
- Music Video Director
- Motion Picture Director
- Independent Film Maker
- Dramatic Director
- Dramatic Coach
- Drama Director
- Creative Director
- Commercial Director
- Art Framing Manager
Tasks for “Production Stage Manager”
- Plan details such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot or scene.
- Cut and edit film or tape to integrate component parts into desired sequences.
- Direct live broadcasts, films and recordings, or non-broadcast programming for public entertainment or education.
- Interpret stage-set diagrams to determine stage layouts and supervise placement of equipment and scenery.
- Confer with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
- Choose settings and locations for films and determine how scenes will be shot in these settings.
- Collaborate with film and sound editors during the post-production process as films are edited and soundtracks are added.
- Review film daily to check on work in progress and to plan for future filming.
- Hold auditions for parts or negotiate contracts with actors determined suitable for specific roles, working in conjunction with producers.
- Compile scripts, program notes, and other material related to productions.
- Create and approve storyboards in conjunction with art directors.
- Study and research scripts to determine how they should be directed.
- Establish pace of programs and sequences of scenes according to time requirements and cast and set accessibility.
- Introduce plays and meet with audiences after shows to explain how the play was interpreted.
- Promote and market productions by giving interviews, participating in talk shows, and making other public appearances.
- Perform producers' duties, such as securing financial backing, establishing and administering budgets, and recruiting cast and crew.
- Compile cue words and phrases and cue announcers, cast members, and technicians during performances.
- Identify and approve equipment and elements required for productions, such as scenery, lights, props, costumes, choreography, and music.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of camera, lighting, design, and sound crew members.
- Select plays or scripts for production and determine how material should be interpreted and performed.
- Communicate to actors the approach, characterization, and movement needed for each scene in such a way that rehearsals and takes are minimized.
- Confer with stage managers to arrange schedules for rehearsals, costume fittings, and sound or light development.
- Collaborate with producers to hire crew members, such as art directors, cinematographers, and costumer designers.
- Consult with writers, producers, or actors about script changes or "workshop" scripts, through rehearsal with writers and actors to create final drafts.
- Create graphics for television broadcasts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multimedia editing equipment
- Studio lighting systems
- Sound mixing equipment
- Video editing equipment
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Waveform monitors
- Digital video cameras
- Grass Valley Ignite Automated Production System
- Lens finders
- Video switchers
- Robotic cameras
- Notebook computers
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Avid Technology Pro Tools
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- MAGIX Software Sound Forge
- Chyron CAMIO
- Microsoft Word
- Graphics creation software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Audition
- Sony Vegas Pro
- Scripting software
- Ross Video Xpression
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Microsoft Excel
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Avid Technology NewsCutter
- Extensible markup language XML
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Avid Technology iNEWS
- Broadcast Electronics AudioVAULT FleX
- Content management systems CMS