Will “Television Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Coordinate activities of technical departments, such as taping, editing, engineering, and maintenance, to produce radio or television programs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-2012.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Technical Directors/Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Technical Directors/Managers
- Technical Director
- Production Manager
- Production Director
- Operations Manager
- Master Control Operator (MCO)
- Engineering Production Operations Director
- Creative Services Director
- Broadcast Engineer
- Television Newscast Director
- Technical Engineer
- Talent Engineer
- Station Manager
- Remote Operations Producer
- Record Producer
- Radio Television Technical Director (Radio TV Technical Director)
- Radio Station Manager
- Project Manager
- Program Director
- Production Support Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Production Superintendent
- Production Operations Inspector
- Production Engineer
- Production Coordinator
- Production Assistant
- Operations Director
- On-Air Director
- News Technical Director
- News Director
- Master Control Supervisor
- Engineering Production Liaison
- Audio Technician
- Audio Operator
Tasks for “Television Director”
- Train workers in use of equipment, such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights.
- Test equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Collaborate with promotions directors to produce on-air station promotions.
- Confer with operations directors to formulate and maintain fair and attainable technical policies for programs.
- Direct technical aspects of newscasts and other productions, checking and switching between video sources and taking responsibility for the on-air product, including camera shots and graphics.
- Switch between video sources in a studio or on multi-camera remotes, using equipment such as switchers, video slide projectors, and video effects generators.
- Observe pictures through monitors and direct camera and video staff concerning shading and composition.
- Monitor broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station or network policies and regulations.
- Discuss filter options, lens choices, and the visual effects of objects being filmed with photography directors and video operators.
- Act as liaisons between engineering and production departments.
- Operate equipment to produce programs or broadcast live programs from remote locations.
- Set up and execute video transitions and special effects, such as fades, dissolves, cuts, keys, and supers, using computers to manipulate pictures as necessary.
- Supervise and assign duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of radio and television programs.
- Schedule use of studio and editing facilities for producers and engineering and maintenance staff.
- Follow instructions from production managers and directors during productions, such as commands for camera cuts, effects, graphics, and takes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Camera control units
- Tape machines
- Desktop computers
- Vision mixers
- Video servers
- Analog editing systems
- Digital editing systems
- Robotic cameras
- Non-linear editing systems
- Personal computers
- Digital video effects units
- Studio lighting
- Videotape recorders
- Linear editing systems
- Digital video cameras
- Laptop computers
- Wireless microphones
- Audio boards
- Master control switchers
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Side Effects Houdini
- Adobe Systems Adobe Audition
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- The Associated Press ENPS
- Character generator software
- Avid Technology Pro Tools
- Avid Technology
- Autodesk Maya for Design Visualization