Will “Newscaster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.7% Chance of Automation
“Newscaster” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #151 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Analyze, interpret, and broadcast news received from various sources.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 78,200.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 37.00
- Currently, there are 5,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Broadcast News Analysts”.
Also Known As…
- Broadcast News Analysts
- Weekend Anchor
- Television News Anchor (TV News Anchor)
- Sports Director
- News Director
- News Anchor
- Broadcast Meteorologist
- Volleyball Commentator
- Television Reporter (TV Reporter)
- Television News Producer (TV News Producer)
- Sports Analyst
- Soccer Commentator
- Radio TV Newscaster (Radio and Television Newscaster)
- Radio Commentator
- News Reporter
- News Commentator
- News Analyst
- National Investigative Producer
- Media Analyst
- International Editorial Producer
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Digital Commentator
- Broadcast Supervisor
- Broadcast Journalist
- Basketball Commentator
- Assignment Editor
- Art Critic
Tasks for “Newscaster”
- Examine news items of local, national, and international significance to determine topics to address, or obtain assignments from editorial staff members.
- Present news stories, and introduce in-depth videotaped segments or live transmissions from on-the-scene reporters.
- Select material most pertinent to presentation, and organize this material into appropriate formats.
- Write commentaries, columns, or scripts, using computers.
- Edit news material to ensure that it fits within available time or space.
- Gather information and develop perspectives about news subjects through research, interviews, observation, and experience.
- Analyze and interpret news and information received from various sources to broadcast the information.
- Coordinate and serve as an anchor on news broadcast programs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital audio recorders
- Laptop computers
- Editing consoles
- Compact digital cameras
- Flash disks
- Communication headphones
- Microsoft Excel
- Audion Laboratories VoxPro
- RCS NexGen Digital
- Statistics databases
- Nielsen Marketbreaks
- Microsoft Access
- Nielsen Arianna
- Desktop Technologies NewsBoss
- Avid Technology Pro Tools
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word