Will “Hospice Art Therapist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Plan or conduct art therapy sessions or programs to improve clients' physical, cognitive, or emotional well-being.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1125.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Art Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Art Therapists
- Registered & Board Certified Art Therapist
- Group Therapist
- Director of Community Life
- Day Treatment Clinician/Art Therapist
- Counselor/Art Therapist
- Children's Program Coordinator
- Bereavement Program Coordinator
- Art Therapist/Licensed Professional Counselor (Art Therapist/LPC)
- Art Therapist
- Art Psychotherapist
- Registered Art Therapist
- Medical Art Therapist
- Expressive Therapist
- Expressive Art Therapist
- Creative Art Therapist
- Certified Art Therapist
- Board Certified Arts Therapist
- Art Therapy Specialist
- Art Therapy Certified Supervisor
- Art Specialist
- Activity Therapy Specialist
- Activity Therapist
Tasks for “Hospice Art Therapist”
- Analyze or synthesize client data to draw conclusions or make recommendations for art therapy.
- Establish goals or objectives for art therapy sessions in consultation with clients or site administrators.
- Conduct information sharing sessions, such as in-service workshops for other professionals, potential client groups, or the general community.
- Talk with clients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Instruct individuals or groups in the use of art media, such as paint, clay, or yarn.
- Select or prepare artistic media or related equipment or devices to accomplish therapy session objectives.
- Gather client information from sources such as case documentation, client observation, or interviews of client or family members.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help clients recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Write treatment plans, case summaries, or progress or other reports related to individual clients or client groups.
- Confer with other professionals on client's treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Supervise staff, volunteers, practicum students, or interns.
- Recommend or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
- Communicate client assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
- Review research or literature in art therapy, psychology, or related disciplines.
- Develop individualized treatment plans that incorporate studio art therapy, counseling, or psychotherapy techniques.
- Photograph or videotape client artwork for inclusion in client records or for promotional purposes.
- Analyze data to determine the effectiveness of treatments or therapy approaches.
- Customize art therapy programs for specific client populations, such as those in schools, nursing homes, wellness centers, prisons, shelters, or hospitals.
- Coordinate field trips for client groups to museums or other public displays of art.
- Interpret the artistic creations of clients to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
- Assess client needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Observe and document client reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet client's goals or objectives.
- Coordinate art showcases to display artwork produced by clients.
- Teach art therapy techniques or processes to artists, interns, volunteers, or others.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Artists' paintbrushes
- Computer data input scanners
- Circle cutters
- 35 millimeter cameras
- Artists' easels
- Artists' scissors
- Razor knives
- Hole punches
- Digital audio recorders
- Hot glue guns
- Digital camcorders
- Digital still cameras
- Edge punches
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Image databases
- Trimble SketchUp
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Web browser software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Case management software