Will “Deputy Director of Clinical Specialty Services” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Provide advanced nursing care for patients with psychiatric disorders. May provide psychotherapy under the direction of a psychiatrist.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1141.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses”.
Also Known As…
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse (PMH Nurse)
- Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Deputy Director of Clinical Specialty Services
- Coordinator of the Psychiatric Liaison Service
- Associate Director of Nursing
- Associate Chief Nurse
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse
- Advanced Practice Nurse Psychotherapist (APN Psychotherapist)
- Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Administrative Director, Behavioral Health Services
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Psychiatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Family Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Tasks for “Deputy Director of Clinical Specialty Services”
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, psychologists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Develop practice protocols for mental health problems based on review and evaluation of published research.
- Treat patients for routine physical health problems.
- Interpret diagnostic or laboratory tests such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and renal functioning tests.
- Direct or provide home health services.
- Conduct individual, group, or family psychotherapy for those with chronic or acute mental disorders.
- Participate in activities aimed at professional growth and development including conferences or continuing education activities.
- Educate patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions, preventive health measures, medications, or treatment plans.
- Refer patients requiring more specialized or complex treatment to psychiatrists, primary care physicians, or other medical specialists.
- Administer medications including those administered by injection.
- Participate in treatment team conferences regarding diagnosis or treatment of difficult cases.
- Evaluate patients' behavior to formulate diagnoses or assess treatments.
- Teach classes in mental health topics such as stress reduction.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Monitor patients' medication usage and results.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate programs such as outreach activities, community mental health programs, and crisis situation response activities.
- Consult with psychiatrists or other professionals when unusual or complex cases are encountered.
- Monitor the use and status of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Assess patients' mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- Provide routine physical health screenings to detect or monitor problems such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Develop and implement treatment plans.
- Document patients' medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes.
- Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Binocular light compound microscopes
- Hypodermic needles
- Intravenous IV pumps
- Laser facsimile machines
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Mechanical restraints
- Transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation TENS equipment
- Medication administration systems
- Handheld thermometers
- Personal computers
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic
- Microsoft Access
- Controlled Oral Word Association Task
- Electroconvulsive therapy equipment
- Children's Depression Inventory
- Young Mania Rating Scale
- Beck Anxiety Inventory
- Microsoft Excel
- NEO PI
- California Verbal Learning Test
- Patient Health Questionaire
- Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale BPRS Nursing Modification
- Zung Depression Rating Scale
- Hendrich Falls Risk Model
- Beck Depression Inventory
- Geriatric Depression Scale
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 MMPI-2
- Category Fluency Test