Will “Lead Pharmacy Tech, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech, CPhT)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
92% Chance of Automation
“Lead Pharmacy Tech, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech, CPhT)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #562 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist. May measure, mix, count out, label, and record amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2052.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 32,170.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 15.00
- Currently, there are 398,390 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Technician, Inventory Specialist
- Senior Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Tech)
- Lead Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech)
- Lead Pharmacy Tech, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech, CPhT)
- Compounding Technician
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Billing and Quality Technician
- Accredited Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technologist
- Pharmacy Laboratory Technician
- Pharmacist Technician
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Drug Coordinator
Tasks for “Lead Pharmacy Tech, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech, CPhT)”
- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Establish or maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Prepare and process medical insurance claim forms and records.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Compute charges for medication or equipment dispensed to hospital patients and enter data in computer.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
- Operate cash registers to accept payment from customers.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Clean and help maintain equipment or work areas and sterilize glassware, according to prescribed methods.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Deliver medications or pharmaceutical supplies to patients, nursing stations, or surgery.
- Maintain and merchandise home healthcare products or services.
- Price stock and mark items for sale.
- Supply and monitor robotic machines that dispense medicine into containers and label the containers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cash registers
- Sterilizing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Total Parenteral Nutrition TPN compounders
- Single-beam balances
- Flask washers
- Unequal-arm balances
- Automatic bottle filling machines
- Grinding and shearing colloid mills
- Specific gravity testing equipment
- Colloid mills
- Computer laser printers
- Horizontal and vertical flow hoods
- Agar slides
- Benchtop colloid mills
- Intravenous IV supplies
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Label printers
- Test tubes
- Torsion balances
- Tablet counting machines
- Personal computers
- Double-beam balances
- Bunsen burners
- Filtering devices
- Tube filling and crimping machines
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Water distillation equipment
- Petri dishes
- Notebook computers
- Laboratory vacuum pumps
- Robotic dispensing systems
- Blending/agitating machines
- Computer-based dispensing equipment
- Laminar flow hoods
- Semiautomatic sterile solution transferring devices
- Graduated cylinders
- Equal-arm balances
- Evacuated blood collection containers
- Microsoft Word
- Compounder software
- Prescription processing software
- Database software
- Point of sale POS software
- Inventory management software
- Label-making software
- Pharmacy management software
- Cardinal Health Pyxis CII Safe
- Pharmaceutical software
- Billing and reimbursement software
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Excel
- Drug compatibility software
- Microsoft Office
- Patient record maintenance software