Will “Health Care Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Health Care Assistant” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #266 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Provide routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient's home or in a care facility. Monitor or report changes in health status. May also provide personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of patient.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 23,600.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 814,300 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Home Health Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Home Health Aides
- In Home Caregiver
- Hospice/Home Health Aide
- Home Health Provider
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Home Care Aide
- Home Attendant
- Certified Nurses Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Aide (CMA)
- Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Residential Counselor
- Residential Aide
- Resident Care Provider
- Resident Care Associate
- Resident Care Aide
- Patient Service Representative
- Nursing Assistant
- Nurse's Companion
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
- Independent Living Specialist
- Hospice Aide
- Home Help Aide
- Home Health Care Provider
- Home Health Attendant
- Home Health Aid
- Home Care Provider
- Home Care Giver
- Home Care Attendant
- Healthcare Associate
- Health Support Specialist (HSS)
- Health Service Worker
- Habilitation Training Specialist
- Direct Support Professional
- Direct Care Worker
- Direct Care Professional
- Direct Care Counselor
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Care Giver
Tasks for “Health Care Assistant”
- Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse or aide, and ensure patients take their medicine.
- Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Bathe patients.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Care for children who are disabled or who have sick or disabled parents.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
- Change dressings.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
- Massage patients or apply preparations or treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, or heat-lamp stimulation.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
Related Technology & Tools
- Notebook computers
- Hoyer lifts
- Oxygen equipment
- Anti-embolism elastic stockings
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Desktop computers
- Home care ventilators
- Urinalysis test strips
- Foot boards
- Knee braces
- Ice caps
- Electronic blood pressure cuffs
- Lower extremity prosthetic devices
- Patient lifters
- Ice collars
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Abdominal binders
- Enema equipment
- Walking braces
- Ostomy bags
- Transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation TENS equipment
- Bathtub seats
- Heat lamps
- Bed cradles
- Gait belts
- Upper extremity prosthetic devices
- AIG OASIS
- Mi-Co software
- Web browser software