Will “Masseuse” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
54% Chance of Automation
“Masseuse” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #311 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform therapeutic massages of soft tissues and joints. May assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, or propose client therapy plans.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 44,480.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 21.00
- Currently, there are 95,830 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Massage Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Massage Therapists
- Therapeutic Massage Technician
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Medical Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapist
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Licensed Massage Practitioner (LMP)
- Integrated Deep Tissue Massage Therapist
- Clinical Massage Therapist
- Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)
- Bodywork Therapist
- Swedish Masseuse
- Massage Operator
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapist
Tasks for “Masseuse”
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Consult with other health care professionals, such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians, and psychologists, to develop treatment plans for clients.
- Prepare and blend oils and apply the blends to clients' skin.
- Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to promote clients' recovery, relaxation, and well-being.
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Treat clients in professional settings or travel to clients' offices and homes.
- Perform other adjunctive therapies or treatment techniques in addition to massage.
- Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- Assess clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful.
Related Technology & Tools
- Massage chairs
- Massage stools
- Massage stone sets
- Body lotions
- Notebook computers
- Heat lamps
- Desktop computers
- Treatment tables
- Mechanical vibrating massage devices
- Personal computers
- Cold packs
- Portable massage tables
- Hydrotherapy equipment
- Hot packs
- Steam cabinets
- Bath robes
- Massage Suite
- AppointmentQuest Online Appointment Manager
- Microsoft Word
- ICS Software SammyUSA
- WinCity Custom Software WinCity Massage SOAP Notes
- Spreadsheet software
- Land Software Customer Pro-File
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software
- Central Florida Web Hosting & Software Services Massage Manager
- Island Software Massage Office Professional