Will “Certified Medical Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Certified Medical Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Certified Medical Transcriptionist”
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser printers
- Desktop transcribers
- Transcribing equipment
- Personal computers
- Postage meters
- Notebook computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Medical terminology databases
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Microsoft Outlook
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Spellex AccuCount
- Spreadsheet software
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Web browser software
- Word processing software
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Emmaus MPWord
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Email software
- dBASE Plus
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Windows
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Microsoft Excel
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- SpeedUp Trans
- Microsoft Word
- Patient billing software
- PCC EHR
- Database software
- Corel WordPerfect
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Narratek Smartype
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- g-net solutions MTP
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Calendar software
- Voice recognition software
- FileMaker Pro