Will “Medical Record Transcriber” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Medical Record Transcriber” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Medical Record Transcriber”
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop transcribers
- Notebook computers
- Postage meters
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Laser printers
- Desktop computers
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Patient billing software
- dBASE Plus
- Emmaus MPWord
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- SpeedUp Trans
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Word
- Medical terminology databases
- Microsoft Outlook
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- FileMaker Pro
- Email software
- Database software
- Narratek Smartype
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- PCC EHR
- Data entry software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Corel WordPerfect
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Spellex AccuCount
- Word processing software
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Calendar software
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Voice recognition software
- g-net solutions MTP
- Spreadsheet software
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Web browser software