Will “Pathology Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Pathology Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Pathology Transcriptionist”
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Laser printers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Notebook computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Postage meters
- Desktop transcribers
- Word processing software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Patient billing software
- Microsoft Word
- FileMaker Pro
- Database software
- Microsoft Excel
- SpeedUp Trans
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Medical terminology databases
- Voice recognition software
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Email software
- Narratek Smartype
- g-net solutions MTP
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Spellex AccuCount
- Calendar software
- Web browser software
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Microsoft Windows
- Corel WordPerfect
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Data entry software
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- PCC EHR
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Emmaus MPWord
- dBASE Plus
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Spreadsheet software