Will “Pathology Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Pathology Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Pathology Transcriptionist”
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
Related Technology & Tools
- Transcribing equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Laser printers
- Desktop transcribers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Notebook computers
- Postage meters
- Desktop computers
- dBASE Plus
- g-net solutions MTP
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- FileMaker Pro
- Data entry software
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Spreadsheet software
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Microsoft Word
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Voice recognition software
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Narratek Smartype
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Spellex AccuCount
- Patient billing software
- Emmaus MPWord
- Calendar software
- Microsoft Excel
- PCC EHR
- Word processing software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Web browser software
- Database software
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Medical terminology databases
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Windows
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- SpeedUp Trans