Will “Deputy Sheriff Court Services” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
36% Chance of Automation
“Deputy Sheriff Court Services” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #252 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Maintain order in courts of law.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 45,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 21.00
- Currently, there are 17,880 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Bailiffs”.
Also Known As…
- Security Officer
- Deputy Sheriff Court Services
- Deputy Sheriff
- Deputy Bailiff
- Court Security Officer
- Court Officer
- Court Bailiff
- Supervising Bailiff
- Sergeant at Arms
- Justice Court Deputy Clerk
- Grand Jury Deputy Sheriff
- District Court Bailiff
- Deputy Sheriff, Building Guard
- Courtroom Deputy
- County Bailiff
- City Bailiff
Tasks for “Deputy Sheriff Court Services”
- Maintain court docket.
- Report need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
- Provide security by patrolling interior and exterior of courthouse and escorting judges and other court employees.
- Provide jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
- Announce entrance of judge.
- Screen persons entering courthouse using magnetometers, x-ray machines, and other devices to collect and retain unauthorized firearms and other contraband.
- Guard lodging of sequestered jury.
- Screen, control, and handle evidence and exhibits during court proceedings.
- Escort prisoners to and from courthouse and maintain custody of prisoners during court proceedings.
- Enforce courtroom rules of behavior and warn persons not to smoke or disturb court procedure.
- Stop people from entering courtroom while judge charges jury.
- Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Walk-through metal detectors
- Digital still cameras
- Expandable batons
- Overhead data projectors
- Video surveillance systems
- Electronic whiteboards
- Breathalyzer units
- X ray inspection equipment
- Passenger cars
- Tablet computers
- Handheld metal detector
- Teleconferencing equipment
- Metal handcuffs
- Laser facsimile machines
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Mobile radios
- Laptop computers
- Digital video recording equipment
- Digital recording equipment
- Protective vests
- Digital video disk DVD players
- Law enforcement handguns
- Email software
- Case management system software
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Statistics software
- Court docket management software
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- State crime information databases