Will “Train Gateman” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
49% Chance of Automation
“Train Gateman” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #294 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as streets, schools, railroad crossings, or construction sites.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-9091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 29,190.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 72,900 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Crossing Guards”.
Also Known As…
- Crossing Guards
- Substitute Crossing Guard
- School Traffic Supervisor
- School Crossing Guard Supervisor
- School Crossing Guard
- Road Crossing Guard
- Crossing Guard
- Community Service Officer Coordinator
- Community Service Officer
- Adult Crossing Guard
- Train Gate Attendant
- Traffic Attendant
- Subway Guard
- School Traffic Guard
- School Aide
- Rail Signal Worker
- Patrol Mother
- Patrol Lady
- Passenger Flagman
- Gate Operator
- Freight Flagman
- Draw Tender
- Crossing Watchman
- Crossing Tender
- Crossing Gateman
- Crossing Flagman
- Construction Site Crossing Guard
Tasks for “Train Gateman”
- Report unsafe behavior of children to school officials.
- Distribute traffic control signs and markers at designated points.
- Communicate traffic and crossing rules and other information to students and adults.
- Stop speeding vehicles to warn drivers of traffic laws.
- Inform drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
- Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as street and railroad crossings and construction sites.
- Monitor traffic flow to locate safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross streets.
- Learn the location and purpose of street traffic signs within assigned patrol areas.
- Direct or escort pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Direct traffic movement or warn of hazards, using signs, flags, lanterns, and hand signals.
- Record license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals, and report infractions to appropriate authorities.
- Discuss traffic routing plans and control point locations with superiors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer data input scanners
- Warning whistles
- Computer laser printers
- Warning flags
- Reflective vests
- Copy machines
- Personal computers
- Digital video cameras
- Mobile radios
- Smart phones
- Reflective gloves
- Handheld calculators
- Traffic cones
- Stop sign paddles
- Payroll software
- Microsoft Word
- Visual Computer Solutions Crossing Guard Scheduling