Will “Loss Prevention Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Implement procedures and systems to prevent merchandise loss. Conduct audits and investigations of employee activity. May assist in developing policies, procedures, and systems for safeguarding assets.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-9099.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Retail Loss Prevention Specialists”.
Also Known As…
- Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Retail Asset Protection Specialist
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Loss Prevention Leader
- Loss Prevention Investigator
- Loss Prevention Detective
- Loss Prevention Associate (LPA)
- Loss Prevention Agent
- Asset Protection Lead
- Asset Protection Associate (APA)
- Store Protection Specialist
- Security Associate
- Retail Loss Prevention Specialist
- Retail Loss Prevention Investigator
- Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Regional LP Manager)
- Protection Specialist
- Loss Prevention Supervisor
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Loss Prevention Guard
- Asset Protection Specialist
- Asset Protection Greeter
- Asset Protection Agent
Tasks for “Loss Prevention Representative”
- Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings.
- Investigate known or suspected internal theft, external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Coordinate with risk management, human resources, or other departments to assist in company programs, investigations, or training.
- Train establishment personnel in loss prevention activities.
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Recommend methods to reduce potential financial fraud losses.
- Inspect buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages.
- Implement or monitor processes to reduce property or financial losses.
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
- Prepare written reports on investigations.
- Respond to critical incidents, such as catastrophic events, violent weather, or civil disorders.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes.
- Perform covert surveillance of areas susceptible to loss, such loading docks, distribution centers, or warehouses.
- Conduct store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies.
- Recommend new or improved processes or equipment to reduce risk exposure.
- Apprehend shoplifters in accordance with guidelines.
- Maintain documentation or reports on security-related incidents or investigations.
- Conduct employee background investigations and review reports with operational or human resources managers.
- Direct work of contract security officers or other loss prevention agents.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Automated locks
- Key cutters
- Security surveillance cameras
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Computer data input scanners
- Digital video recorders DVR
- Access control systems
- Mobile radios
- Contact alarm systems
- Electronic wanding devices
- Wireless motion detectors
- Copy machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Electronic cash registers
- Personal computers
- Electronic article surveillance EAS sensing devices
- Closed circuit television CCTV surveillance systems
- Security alarm systems
- Digital video cameras
- Fire detection systems
- Case management system software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Aspect Loss Prevention Aspect EliteLP
- Microsoft Excel
- Epicor Loss Prevention
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- Microsoft Outlook