Will “Pizza Chef” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Pizza Chef” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #441 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant with a limited menu. Duties of these cooks are limited to preparation of a few basic items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 35-2011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 20,570.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 9.00
- Currently, there are 513,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Cooks, Fast Food”.
Also Known As…
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Prep Cook
- Pizza Maker
- Pizza Cook
- Line Cook
- Grill Cook
- Fry Cook
- Crew Trainer
- Crew Person
- Crew Member
- Specialty Cook
- Restaurant Worker
- Pizza Baker
- Pancake Professional
- Fryline Attendant
- Fast Food Fry Cook
- Fast Food Cook
Tasks for “Pizza Chef”
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment, such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Take food and drink orders and receive payment from customers.
- Mix ingredients, such as pancake or waffle batters.
- Pre-cook items, such as bacon, to prepare them for later use.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Prepare and serve beverages, such as coffee or fountain drinks.
- Prepare dough, following recipe.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers or fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Prepare specialty foods, such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, or tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
Related Technology & Tools
- Commercial coffeemakers
- Deep fat fryers
- Food warmers
- Milkshake and smoothie machines
- Convection ovens
- Carbonated beverage dispensers
- Cash registers
- Soft-serve ice cream machines
- Hot dog cookers
- Cappuccino makers
- Restaurant blenders
- Food scales
- Bakers' peels
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Electric ovens
- Intercom systems
- Slicing machines
- Chefs' knives
- Ice-making machines
- Gas ovens
- Juice dispensers
- Touch screen monitors
- Restaurant food processors
- Pizza ovens
- RestaurantPlus PRO
- Plexis Software Plexis POS
- Point of sale POS software
- Aldelo Systems Aldelo for Restaurants Pro
- Foodman Home-Delivery