Will “Fast Food Worker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
92% Chance of Automation
“Fast Food Worker” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #571 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care to share? Click for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or XING. 👍
Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 35-3021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 20,460.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 9.00
- Currently, there are 3,426,090 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food”.
Also Known As…
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- School Cafeteria Cook
- Prep Cook (Preparation Cook)
- Food Service Worker
- Dietary Aide
- Deli Worker (Delicatessen Worker)
- Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk)
- Crew Member
- Counter Attendant
- Car Hop
- Waiter and Cook
- Team Member
- Salad Counter Attendant
- Restaurant Worker
- Restaurant Team Member
- Restaurant Crew Member
- Raw Shellfish Preparer
- Oyster Preparer
- Mess Attendant
- Line Server
- Front Line Worker
- Food Service Specialist
- Food Service Aide
- Food Server, Kitchen
- Fast Food Team Member
- Fast Food Server
- Fast Food Cashier
- Drive Thru Window Order Taker
- Deli Manager (Delicatessen Manager)
- Deli Cook (Delicatessen Cook)
- Cook and Waitress/Waiter
- Catering Assistant
- Caterers Helper
- Caterer's Aide
- Cafe Worker
Tasks for “Fast Food Worker”
- Plan, prepare, and deliver meals to individuals with special dietary needs.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Provide caterers with assistance in food preparation or service.
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
- Pack food, dishes, utensils, tablecloths, and accessories for transportation from catering or food preparation establishments to locations designated by customers.
- Cook or reheat food items such as french fries.
- Arrange tables and decorations according to instructions.
- Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi counting machines, or pencil and paper.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Distribute food to servers.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee, using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in take-out bags.
- Perform personnel activities such as supervising and training employees.
- Serve food and beverages to guests at banquets or other social functions.
- Relay food orders to cooks.
Related Technology & Tools
- Credit card processing machines
- Commercial cooking ovens
- Credit card scanners
- Steam cookers
- Convection ovens
- Sanitizing units
- Motorized food transportation carts
- Automatic peelers
- Cash registers
- Food choppers
- Ice machines
- Barcode scanners
- Espresso machines
- Carbonated beverage dispensers
- Deep fat fryers
- Food conveyor belts
- Automatic slicers
- Vertical cutters
- Patty making machines
- Linear imaging scanners
- Can openers
- Meat grinders
- Food processors
- Coffee makers
- Pastry makers
- Long range charged coupled device CCD barcode scanners
- Point of sale POS terminals
- Point of service workstations
- Deep wells
- Milk dispensing machines
- Automatic dicers
- Point of service scanners
- Metal ice cream scoops
- Slush machines
- Commercial dishwashers
- Point of sale POS printers
- Chefs' knives
- Steam tables
- Electric warming tables
- Ice cream/yogurt machines
- Touch screen monitors
- Steam counters
- Non-carbonated beverage dispensers
- Grating equipment
- Milkshake and smoothie machines
- The General Store
- Microsoft Excel
- NCR NeighborhoodPOS
- Compris software
- Point of sale POS software
- Menu and nutrition database software
- Microsoft Office
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale
- MICROS Systems HSI Profits Series
- NCR Advanced Checkout Solution