Will “Coffee Bar Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 35-3022.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Baristas”.
Also Known As…
- Sales Associate
- Catering Barista
- Bar Manager
- Gourmet Coffee Attendant
- Coffee Sommelier
- Coffee Shop Attendant
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Brewer
Tasks for “Coffee Bar Attendant”
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
- Create signs to advertise store products or events.
- Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Set up or restock product displays.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Slice fruits, vegetables, desserts, or meats for use in food service.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Demonstrate the use of retail equipment, such as espresso machines.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Clean service or seating areas.
- Take out garbage.
Related Technology & Tools
- Espresso makers
- Personal computers
- Restaurant dishwashers
- Tea brewers
- Electronic food scales
- Panini presses
- Commercial kitchen microwave ovens
- Restaurant ovens
- Bagel cutters
- Drink blenders
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Chefs' knives
- Ice machines
- Coffee grinders
- Computer laser printers
- Point of sale POS terminals
- Steam tables
- Desktop computers
- Wireless telephone headsets
- Coffee brewing machines
- Cash registers
- Touch screen registers
- Commercial kitchen toasters
- Credit card processing machines
- Box cutters
- Accounting software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Point of sale POS software
- Microsoft Excel