Will “Tearoom Host/Hostess” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
97% Chance of Automation
“Tearoom Host/Hostess” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #668 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Welcome patrons, seat them at tables or in lounge, and help ensure quality of facilities and service.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 35-9031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 21,410.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 10.00
- Currently, there are 404,360 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop”.
Also Known As…
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Host Coordinator
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Dining Room Supervisor
- Tearoom Hostess
- Tearoom Host
- Party Host/Hostess
- Parlor Chaperone
- Maitre D'
- Fountain Worker
- Dining Room Hostess
- Dining Room Host/Hostess
- Dining Room Host
- Bar Hostess
- Bar Host/Hostess
- Bar Host
Tasks for “Tearoom Host/Hostess”
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Hire, train, and supervise food and beverage service staff.
- Provide guests with menus.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
- Perform marketing and advertising services.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Prepare cash receipts after establishments close, and make bank deposits.
- Confer with other staff to help plan establishments' menus.
- Receive and record patrons' dining reservations.
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service.
- Order or requisition supplies and equipment for tables and serving stations.
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Direct patrons to coatrooms and waiting areas such as lounges.
- Take and prepare to-go orders.
- Assist with preparing and serving food and beverages.
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
- Plan parties or other special events and services.
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
- Prepare staff work schedules.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
Related Technology & Tools
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Personal computers
- Touch screen monitors
- Commercial coffeemakers
- Ice-making machines
- Carbonated beverage dispensers
- Juice dispensers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Cash registers
- Handheld calculators
- Point of sale POS software
- Avenista Table Reservations
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Windows
- GuestBridge Reserve
- iMagic Restaurant Reservation
- Reservation software
- Microsoft Office
- Hospitality Control Solutions Aloha Point-of-Sale
- Data entry software