Will “Cardroom Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
91% Chance of Automation
“Cardroom Attendant” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #544 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Post information enabling patrons to wager on various races and sporting events. Assist in the operation of games such as keno and bingo. May operate random number generating equipment and announce the numbers for patrons. Receive, verify, and record patrons' wagers. Scan and process winning tickets presented by patrons and payout winnings for those wagers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 25,710.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 12.00
- Currently, there are 11,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Racebook Writer
- Race and Sports Book Writer
- Keno Writer/Runner
- Keno Writer / Runner
- Keno Attendant
- Floor Runner
- Casino Runner
- Casino Floor Runner
- Casino Attendant
- Bingo Clerk
- Sports Book Writer
- Sports Book Server
- Sports Book Board Attendant
- Sheet Writer
- Race Board Attendant
- Pari Mutuel Ticket Seller
- Pari Mutuel Ticket Cashier
- Pari Mutuel Clerk
- Mutuel Machine Operator
- Mutuel Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Bingo Floater
- Bingo Caller
- Betting Clerk
- Bet Taker
Tasks for “Cardroom Attendant”
- Operate games in which players bet that a ball will come to rest in a particular slot on a rotating wheel, performing actions such as spinning the wheel and releasing the ball.
- Collect bets in the form of cash or chips, verifying and recording amounts.
- Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coins.
- Push dice to shooters and retrieve thrown dice.
- Compare the house hand with players' hands to determine the winner.
- Start gaming equipment that randomly selects numbered balls and announce winning numbers and colors.
- Pay off or move bets as established by game rules and procedures.
- Seat patrons at gaming tables.
- Take the house percentage from each pot.
- Answer questions about game rules or casino policies.
- Inspect cards or equipment to be used in games to ensure they are in proper condition.
- Check to ensure that all players have placed their bets before play begins.
- Compute and verify amounts won or lost, paying out winnings or referring patrons to workers, such as gaming cashiers, so that winnings can be collected.
- Sell food, beverages, or tobacco to players.
- Open or close cash floats or game tables.
- Conduct gambling tables or games, such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, and ensure that game rules are followed.
- Record the number of tickets cashed and the amount paid out after each race or event.
- Deliver tickets, cards, and money to bingo callers.
- Collect cards or tickets from players.
- Supervise staff and games and mediate disputes.
- Participate in games for gambling establishments to provide the minimum complement of players at a table.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Liquid crystal display LCD monitors
- Keno systems
- Handheld microphones
- Mobile radios
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Keno ticket printers
- 10-key calculators
- Electronic cash registers
- Personal computers
- Audio communications systems
- Barcode scanners
- Digital game pacers
- Bingo consoles
- Ticket printers
- Random number generating equipment
- Touch screen computer monitors
- Electronic bingo handsets
- Bingo blowers
- Betting boards
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Credit card processing software