Will “Pedicurist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
95% Chance of Automation
“Pedicurist” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #610 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Clean and shape customers' fingernails and toenails. May polish or decorate nails.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-5092.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 24,330.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 90,630 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manicurists and Pedicurists”.
Also Known As…
- Manicurists and Pedicurists
- Nail Technician
- Salon Manager
- Nail Artist
- Fingernail Technician
- Fingernail Sculpturer
- Fingernail Sculptor
- Fingernail Former
Tasks for “Pedicurist”
- Roughen surfaces of fingernails, using abrasive wheel.
- Treat nails to repair or improve strength and resilience by wrapping.
- Extend nails using powder, solvent, and paper forms attached to tips of customers' fingers to support and shape artificial nails.
- Polish nails, using powdered polish and buffer.
- Prepare nail cuticles with water and oil, using cuticle knives to push back cuticles and scissors or nippers to trim cuticles.
- Maintain supply inventories and records of client services.
- Apply undercoat and clear or colored polish onto nails with brush.
- Promote and sell nail care products.
- Remove previously applied nail polish, using liquid remover and swabs.
- Assess the condition of clients' hands, remove dead skin, and massage hands.
- Clean and sanitize tools and work environment.
- Whiten underside of nails with white paste or pencils.
- Schedule client appointments and accept payments.
- Decorate clients' nails by piercing or attaching ornaments or designs.
- Use rotary abrasive wheels to shape and smooth nails or artificial extensions.
- Shape and smooth ends of nails, using scissors, files, or emery boards.
- Prepare customers' nails in soapy water, using swabs, files, and orange sticks.
- Advise clients on nail care and use of products and colors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Dry heat sterilizers
- Credit card processing machines
- Laptop computers
- Foot baths
- Nail scrub brushes
- Manicure tables
- Cuticle pushers
- Steam autoclaves
- Nail clippers
- Emery boards
- Personal computers
- Ultraviolet UV sterilizers
- Callus shavers
- Manicure tweezers
- Nail buffing blocks
- Finger separators
- Finishing nail stones
- Nail nippers
- Cuticle knives
- Nail files
- Manicure airbrushes
- Electronic cash registers
- Cuticle nippers
- Nail slicers
- Nail dryers
- Pedicure carts
- Cuticle scissors
- Nail scissors
- Toe separators
- Pumice stones
- Microsoft Office
- Aknaf ADVANTAGE Salon Software and Spa Software
- Microsoft Excel
- Appointment Search
- AppointmentQuest Online Appointment Scheduler
- Customer information databases
- DaySmart Software Salon Iris