Will “Baggage Checker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
83% Chance of Automation
“Baggage Checker” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #469 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Handle baggage for travelers at transportation terminals or for guests at hotels or similar establishments.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-6011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 24,910.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 44,750 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Baggage Porters and Bellhops”.
Also Known As…
- Baggage Porters and Bellhops
- Sky Cap
- Ground Support Agent
- Bell Person
- Bell Captain
- Valet Service Attendant
- Station Baggage Porter
- Sleeping Car Porter
- Red Cap
- Railroad Baggage Porter
- Luggage Attendant
- Lobby Porter
- Hotel Baggage Handler
- Head Porter Baggage
- Head Bellhop Captain
- Hall Porter
- Food Porter
- Door Person
- Chief Airport Guide
- Call Worker
- Cab Worker
- Bellstand Attendant
- Bellman Driver
- Bellman Captain
- Bellhop Captain
- Bell Staff
- Bell Clerk
- Bell Attendant
- Baggage Smasher
- Baggage Handler
Tasks for “Baggage Checker”
- Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
- Supply guests or travelers with directions, travel information, and other information, such as available services and points of interest.
- Page guests in hotel lobbies, dining rooms, or other areas.
- Complete baggage insurance forms.
- Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- Act as part of the security team at transportation terminals, hotels, or similar establishments.
- Set up conference rooms, display tables, racks, or shelves, and arrange merchandise displays for sales personnel.
- Inspect guests' rooms to ensure that they are adequately stocked, orderly, and comfortable.
- Arrange for shipments of baggage, express mail, and parcels by providing weighing and billing services.
- Assist physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
- Explain the operation of room features, such as locks, ventilation systems, and televisions.
- Pick up and return items for laundry and valet service.
- Compute and complete charge slips for services rendered and maintain records.
- Maintain clean lobbies or entrance areas for travelers or guests.
- Greet incoming guests and escort them to their rooms.
- Deliver messages and room service orders, and run errands for guests.
- Transport guests about premises and local areas, or arrange for transportation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Passenger vans
- Desktop computers
- Two way radios
- Motorized carts
- Passenger vehicles
- Paging systems
- Luggage carts
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Word