Will “Carousel Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
83% Chance of Automation
“Carousel Attendant” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #470 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Exchange coins, tokens, and chips for patrons' money. May issue payoffs and obtain customer's signature on receipt. May operate a booth in the slot machine area and furnish change persons with money bank at the start of the shift, or count and audit money in drawers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-2012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 25,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 12.00
- Currently, there are 23,120 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
- Slot Technician
- Slot Floor Person
- Slot Attendant
- Change Person
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Manager
- Casino Banker
- Cage Cashier
- Booth Cashier
- Slot Floor Attendant
- Slot Ambassador
- Player Services Representative
- Mutuel Teller
- Lottery Sales Clerk
- Front Window Cashier
- Floor Manager
- Floor Cashier
- Customer Service Representative
- Change Attendant
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Casino Floor Walker
- Casino Floor Person
- Casino Attendant
- Bingo Cashier
Tasks for “Carousel Attendant”
- Listen for jackpot alarm bells and issue payoffs to winners.
- Exchange money, credit, and casino chips, and make change for customers.
- Maintain cage security according to rules.
- Calculate the value of chips won or lost by players.
- Reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Count money and audit money drawers.
- Perform minor repairs on slot machines, such as clearing coin jams.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Work in and monitor an assigned area on the casino floor where slot machines are located.
- Obtain customers' signatures on receipts when winnings exceed the amount held in a slot machine.
- Furnish change persons with a money bank at the start of each shift.
- Keep accurate records of monetary exchanges, authorization forms, and transaction reconciliations.
- Accept credit applications and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Automatic coin sorters
- Coin sorting setups
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Two way radios
- Desktop computers
- Coin counting machines
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software