Will “Hedge Fund Trader” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Buy and sell securities and commodities to transfer debt, capital, or risk. Establish and negotiate unit prices and terms of sale.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3031.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Securities and Commodities Traders”.
Also Known As…
- Securities and Commodities Traders
- Securities Lending Trader
- Options Trader
- Option Trader
- Investment Trader
- Fixed Income Trading Vice President
- Fixed Income Director
- Equity Trader
- Corporate Bond Trader
- Trading Specialist
- Securities Trader
- Proprietary Trader
- Online Trader
- Municipal Bond Trader
- Hybrid Derivatives Trader
- Futures Trader
- Forex Trader
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- Flow Trader
- Floor Trader
- Floor Broker
- Equities Trader
- Day Trader
- Commodity Trader
- Commodities Trader
- Bond Trader
- Block Trader
- Bank and Savings Securities Trader
Tasks for “Hedge Fund Trader”
- Reconcile account-related statements, such as quarterly or annual statements or confirmations.
- Report deficiencies in account payments, securities deliveries, or documentation requirements to avoid rule violations.
- Track and analyze factors that affect price movement, such as trade policies, weather conditions, political developments, or supply and demand changes.
- Prepare financial reports, such as reviews of portfolio positions.
- Identify or pursue investment strategies related to the green economy, including green hedge funds, renewable energy markets, or clean technology investment opportunities.
- Make transportation arrangements for sold or purchased commodities.
- Write or sign sales order confirmation forms to record or approve security transactions.
- Review securities transactions to ensure conformance to regulations.
- Inform other traders, managers, or customers of market conditions, including volume, price, competition, or dynamics.
- Identify opportunities or develop channels for purchase or sale of securities or commodities.
- Receive sales order tickets and inspect forms to determine accuracy of information.
- Process paperwork for special orders, including margin or option purchases.
- Report all positions or trading results.
- Monitor markets or positions.
- Devise trading, option, or hedge strategies.
- Analyze target companies or investment opportunities to inform investment decisions.
- Supervise support staff and ensure proper execution of contracts.
- Buy or sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, or other securities on behalf of investment dealers.
- Make bids or offers to buy or sell securities.
- Agree on buying or selling prices at optimal levels for clients.
- Develop or maintain supplier or customer relationships.
- Buy, sell, or trade carbon emissions permits.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Laser facsimile machines
- Redi Enterprise Development Redi ERM
- Citi The Yield Book Calculator
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Customer information control system CICS
- Charles River Development Charles River Investment Management System
- Bloomberg Professional
- Microsoft Office
- Triple Point Commodity XL
- CQG Integrated Client
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Tradeweb Markets Tradeweb
- Web-based trading systems
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Access
- Web browser software
- Telvent DTN ProphetX
- BondDesk Group Trader WorkStation
- Microsoft Excel
- Fixed income alternative trading systems ATS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Oracle Java