Will “Travel Professional” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Professional” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Professional”
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
Related Technology & Tools
- Public address systems
- Computer laser printers
- Card readers
- Copy machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Printing calculators
- Computer inkjet printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Travel Agent CMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft Outlook
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Word
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Sabre Central Command
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Galor Travel Booster
- Globekey Agentkey
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Access