Will “Inbound Telemarketer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Inbound Telemarketer” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #702 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Solicit donations or orders for goods or services over the telephone.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 27,170.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 215,290 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Telemarketers”.
Also Known As…
- Telesales Specialist
- Telesales Representative
- Telephone Service Representative (TSR)
- Telephone Sales Representative (TSR)
- Telemarketing Sales Representative
- Telephone Solicitor
- Telemarketing Representative
- Scheduling Agent
- Sales Specialist
- Outbound Telemarketer
- Inside Sales Representative
- Donation Worker
- Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- Call Center Representative
- Call Center Operator
- Call Center Agent
- Business Development Representative
- Appointment Setter
Tasks for “Inbound Telemarketer”
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Conduct client or market surveys to obtain information about potential customers.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
- Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Predictive dialers
- Personal computers
- Call recording systems
- Wireless telephone headsets
- Telephone headsets
- Multiline telephone systems
- Autodialing equipment
- Softphone software
- Database Systems Corp Telemation
- Acarda Sales Technologies Acarda Outbound
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Automatic call distribution software
- Microsoft Excel
- Remote access call center software
- Interactive voice response software
- Microsoft Word