Will “Departmental Buyer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Departmental Buyer” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #680 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 41,980.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 72,120 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Procurement Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Procurement Clerks
- Warehouse Clerk
- Purchasing Specialist
- Purchasing Clerk
- Purchasing Associate
- Purchasing Assistant
- Procurement Technician
- Procurement Specialist
- Procurement Officer
- Procurement Assistant
- Warehouse Technician
- Supply Coordinator
- Purchasing Department Clerk
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Purchasing Analyst
- Purchasing Administrator
- Purchasing Administrative Assistant
- Property and Supply Officer
- Procurement Coordinator
- Procurement Clerk
- Procurement Analyst
- Procurement Agent
- Film Replacement Orderer
Tasks for “Departmental Buyer”
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Monitor contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Approve and pay bills.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Train and supervise subordinates and other staff.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Prepare invitation-of-bid forms, and mail forms to supplier firms or distribute forms for public posting.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Document scanners
- Copy machines
- Personal computers
- Electronic cash registers
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Microsoft Excel
- Radiant Systems CounterPoint
- SAP Business Objects
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Inventory tracking software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Word
- Work scheduling software
- IBM Maximo Asset Management