Will “Technical Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
86% Chance of Automation
“Technical Clerk” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #500 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,660.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 6,780 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Correspondence Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Correspondence Clerks
- Technical Clerk
- Office Technician
- Dispute Specialist
- Dispute Resolution Analyst
- Correspondence Representative
- Correspondence Coordinator
- Correspondence Clerk
- Claims Correspondence Clerk
- Chargeback Specialist
- Suggestion Clerk
- Sales Correspondent
- Office Correspondent
- Membership Correspondent
- Medical Authorization Specialist
- Legislative Correspondent
- Fans Clerk
- Fan Mail Editor
- Dispute Resolution Specialist
- Customer Service Correspondence Clerk
- Correspondence Transcriber
- Correspondence Specialist
- Correspondence Review Clerk
- Correspondence Renew Clerk
- Correspondence Dictator
- Correspondence Analyst
- Commercial Correspondent
- Collection Correspondent
- Authorization Representative
- Authorization Coordinator
Tasks for “Technical Clerk”
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Confer with company personnel regarding feasibility of complying with writers' requests.
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
- Complete form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Type acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Prepare records for shipment by certified mail.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
- Submit completed documents to typists for typing in final form, and instruct typists in matters such as format, addresses, addressees, and the necessary number of copies.
- Route correspondence to other departments for reply.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer inkjet printers
- Paper folding machines
- Computer laser printers
- Copy machines
- Microfiche viewing equipment
- Document scanners
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Microsoft Word
- Imaging software
- Electronic health record EHR software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel