Will “Technical Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
86% Chance of Automation
“Technical Clerk” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #500 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,660.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 6,780 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Correspondence Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Correspondence Clerks
- Technical Clerk
- Office Technician
- Dispute Specialist
- Dispute Resolution Analyst
- Correspondence Representative
- Correspondence Coordinator
- Correspondence Clerk
- Claims Correspondence Clerk
- Chargeback Specialist
- Suggestion Clerk
- Sales Correspondent
- Office Correspondent
- Membership Correspondent
- Medical Authorization Specialist
- Legislative Correspondent
- Fans Clerk
- Fan Mail Editor
- Dispute Resolution Specialist
- Customer Service Correspondence Clerk
- Correspondence Transcriber
- Correspondence Specialist
- Correspondence Review Clerk
- Correspondence Renew Clerk
- Correspondence Dictator
- Correspondence Analyst
- Commercial Correspondent
- Collection Correspondent
- Authorization Representative
- Authorization Coordinator
Tasks for “Technical Clerk”
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Prepare records for shipment by certified mail.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Confer with company personnel regarding feasibility of complying with writers' requests.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Submit completed documents to typists for typing in final form, and instruct typists in matters such as format, addresses, addressees, and the necessary number of copies.
- Complete form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
- Route correspondence to other departments for reply.
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
- Type acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multiline telephone systems
- Microfiche viewing equipment
- Document scanners
- Laser facsimile machines
- Paper folding machines
- Copy machines
- Computer inkjet printers
- Personal computers
- Computer laser printers
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Imaging software
- Data entry software
- Electronic health record EHR software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook