Will “Technical Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
86% Chance of Automation
“Technical Clerk” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #500 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,660.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 6,780 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Correspondence Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Correspondence Clerks
- Technical Clerk
- Office Technician
- Dispute Specialist
- Dispute Resolution Analyst
- Correspondence Representative
- Correspondence Coordinator
- Correspondence Clerk
- Claims Correspondence Clerk
- Chargeback Specialist
- Suggestion Clerk
- Sales Correspondent
- Office Correspondent
- Membership Correspondent
- Medical Authorization Specialist
- Legislative Correspondent
- Fans Clerk
- Fan Mail Editor
- Dispute Resolution Specialist
- Customer Service Correspondence Clerk
- Correspondence Transcriber
- Correspondence Specialist
- Correspondence Review Clerk
- Correspondence Renew Clerk
- Correspondence Dictator
- Correspondence Analyst
- Commercial Correspondent
- Collection Correspondent
- Authorization Representative
- Authorization Coordinator
Tasks for “Technical Clerk”
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Submit completed documents to typists for typing in final form, and instruct typists in matters such as format, addresses, addressees, and the necessary number of copies.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Complete form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
- Type acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Prepare records for shipment by certified mail.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Confer with company personnel regarding feasibility of complying with writers' requests.
- Route correspondence to other departments for reply.
Related Technology & Tools
- Document scanners
- Computer laser printers
- Copy machines
- Microfiche viewing equipment
- Paper folding machines
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer inkjet printers
- Electronic health record EHR software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Data entry software
- Imaging software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SharePoint