Will “Institutional Asset Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Plan, direct, or coordinate investment strategy or operations for a large pool of liquid assets supplied by institutional investors or individual investors.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9199.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Investment Fund Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Investment Fund Managers
- Vice President, Fixed Income
- Vice President and Portfolio Manager
- Senior Portfolio Manager
- Senior Investment Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
- Lead Portfolio Manager
- Investment Analyst
- Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
- Equity Analyst
- Assistant Vice President, Investment Analysis
- Risk Manager
- Pension Fund Manager
- Mutual Fund Manager
- Investments Manager
- Investment Officer
- Investment Fund Manager
- Hedge Fund Manager
- Asset Manager
Tasks for “Institutional Asset Manager”
- Monitor regulatory or tax law changes to ensure fund compliance or to capitalize on development opportunities.
- Select or direct the execution of trades.
- Develop or implement fund investment policies or strategies.
- Develop, implement, or monitor security valuation policies.
- Review offering documents or marketing materials to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify group or individual target investors for a specific fund.
- Verify regulatory compliance of transaction reporting.
- Monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals.
- Attend investment briefings or consult financial media to stay abreast of relevant investment markets.
- Develop or direct development of offering documents or marketing materials.
- Hire or evaluate staff.
- Direct activities of accounting or operations departments.
- Evaluate the potential of new product developments or market opportunities, according to factors such as business plans, technologies, or market potential.
- Present investment information, such as product risks, fees, or fund performance statistics.
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Analyze acquisitions to ensure conformance with strategic goals or regulatory requirements.
- Meet with investors to determine investment goals or to discuss investment strategies.
- Prepare for and respond to regulatory inquiries.
- Perform or evaluate research, such as detailed company or industry analyses, to inform financial forecasting, decision making, or valuation.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Teleconferencing equipment
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Laptop computers
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oracle Hyperion
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Project
- Financial accounting software
- Microsoft Visio
- Statistical analysis software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft MapPoint
- Web browser software
- Risk analysis software
- Portfolio analysis software
- SunGard Financial Systems AddVantage
- Autodesk AutoCAD Blue Sky
- Microsoft Office