Will “Patient Services Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Assist patients in obtaining services, understanding policies and making health care decisions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4051.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Patient Representatives”.
Also Known As…
- Patient Representatives
- Service Coordinator
- Patient Representative
- Patient Advocate
- Patient Access Specialist
- Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC)
- Case Manager
- Admissions Coordinator
- Volunteer Patient Representative
- Social Worker
- Social Services Director
- Patient Services Representative
- Patient Service Specialist
- Patient Service Representative
- Patient Resources and Reimbursement Agent
- Patient Resource Coordinator
- Patient Relations Representative (PRR)
- Patient Relations Manager
- Patient Relations Coordinator
- Patient Registration Representative
- Patient Registrar
- Patient Partner
- Patient Ombudsperson
- Patient Financial Representative
- Patient Coordinator
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Patient Account Representative
- Patient Access Representative
- Clinical Liaison
- Admitting Representative
Tasks for “Patient Services Assistant”
- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
- Provide consultation or training to volunteers or staff on topics such as guest relations, patients' rights, and medical issues.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Collect and report data on topics such as patient encounters and inter-institutional problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate.
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
- Develop and distribute newsletters, brochures, or other printed materials to share information with patients or medical staff.
- Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Analyze patients' abilities to pay to determine charges on a sliding scale.
- Teach patients to use home health care equipment.
- Identify and share research, recommendations, or other information regarding legal liabilities, risk management, or quality of care.
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Laser printers
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- rL Solutions Feedback MonitorPro
- Scheduling software
- Medical condition coding software
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Customer Expressions i-Sight
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Prognosis Solutions ResolvPRM
- Peminic Patient Safety & Quality Suite
- PracticeWorks Systems Kodak WINOMS CS
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet software
- Manhattan Cross Cultural Group Quality Interactions
- CareOne CareEnsure
- Epic Systems
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Complaint management software
- Pemimic Patient Relations Suite
- Database software
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- Admissions, discharge, and transfer ADT software
- Patient satisfaction assessment software
- Microsoft Word
- Word processing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Medical procedure coding software