Will “Manager, Security Services and Safety System Support” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Direct an organization's security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9199.07
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Security Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Security Managers
- Security Manager
- Security Director
- Manager, Security Services and Safety System Support
- Manager, Security Infrastructure and Enterprise Services
- Manager, Security and Safety
- Director, Corporate Security
- Director Security Management
- Corporate Security Manager
- Corporate Physical Security Supervisor
- Security Supervisor
- Security Specialist
- Security Operations Manager
- Physical Security Manager
- Museum Security Chief
- Internal Security Manager
- Chief Security Officer (CSO)
Tasks for “Manager, Security Services and Safety System Support”
- Coordinate security operations or activities with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies.
- Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives.
- Assess risks to mitigate potential consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to incidents.
- Analyze and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement through auditing, review, or assessment.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations.
- Purchase security-related supplies, equipment, or technology.
- Direct or participate in emergency management and contingency planning.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
- Develop or manage integrated security controls to ensure confidentiality, accountability, recoverability, or audit ability of sensitive information, proprietary information, or information technology resources.
- Monitor and ensure a sound, ethical environment.
- Develop or manage investigation programs, including collection and preservation of video and notes of surveillance processes or investigative interviews.
- Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
- Review financial reports to ensure efficiency and quality of security operations.
- Support efforts to reduce substance abuse or other illegal activities in the workplace.
- Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, manage, or evaluate policies and methods to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence.
- Develop, conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes.
- Develop, recommend, or manage security procedures for operations or processes, such as security call centers, system acquisition, development, and maintenance, access control, program models, or reporting tools.
- Conduct threat or vulnerability analyses to determine probable frequency, criticality, consequence, or severity of natural or man-made disasters or criminal activity on the organization's profitability or delivery of products or services.
- Develop, arrange for, perform, or assess executive protection activities to reduce security risks.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
- Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Develop budgets for security operations.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
- Supervise or provide leadership to subordinate security professionals, performing activities, such as hiring, background investigation, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
- Plan security for special and high-risk events.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multiline telephone systems
- Physical access control systems
- Explosives detectors
- Fire alarm systems
- Keyless entry systems
- Personal computers
- Security alarm systems
- Teleconferencing equipment
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Approach detection systems
- Computer laser printers
- Laptop computers
- Video surveillance systems
- Work scheduling software
- Incident command system ICS software
- Emergency notification system software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Alarm system software
- Physical access management software
- Maintenance management software
- Microsoft Visio
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- FieldSoft AIMSonScene
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Graphics software
- Mapping software
- Human resources management system HRMS
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Inventory tracking software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Payroll software