Will “District Loss Prevention Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Plan and direct policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determine risk exposure or potential liability, and develop risk control measures.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9199.08
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Loss Prevention Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Senior Manager, Asset Protection
- Regional Loss Prevention Manager
- Market Asset Protection Manager
- Manager of Loss Prevention Operations
- Loss Prevention/Safety District Manager
- Loss Prevention Operations Manager
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Logistics Loss Prevention Manager
- District Loss Prevention Manager
- Director-Loss Prevention
- Store Loss Prevention Manager
- Loss Prevention Supervisor
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Associate Vice President
- Area Loss Prevention Manager
Tasks for “District Loss Prevention Manager”
- Perform cash audits and deposit investigations to fully account for store cash.
- Direct loss prevention audit programs including target store audits, maintenance audits, safety audits, or electronic article surveillance (EAS) audits.
- Supervise surveillance, detection, or criminal processing related to theft and criminal cases.
- Provide recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as workplace violence, protests, and demonstrations.
- Analyze retail data to identify current or emerging trends in theft or fraud.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies or members of the retail loss prevention community.
- Maintain databases such as bad check logs, reports on multiple offenders, and alarm activation lists.
- Hire or supervise loss-prevention staff.
- Visit stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it.
- Maintain documentation of all loss prevention activity.
- Coordinate theft and fraud investigations involving career criminals or organized group activities.
- Coordinate or conduct internal investigations of problems such as employee theft and violations of corporate loss prevention policies.
- Advise retail managers on compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations, or standards.
- Collaborate with law enforcement to investigate and solve external theft or fraud cases.
- Direct installation of covert surveillance equipment, such as security cameras.
- Advise retail establishments on development of loss-investigation procedures.
- Monitor compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards.
- Perform or direct inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
- Train loss prevention staff, retail managers, or store employees on loss control and prevention measures.
- Assess security needs across locations to ensure proper deployment of loss prevention resources, such as staff and technology.
- Review loss-prevention exception reports and cash discrepancies to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Verify correct use and maintenance of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit television, merchandise tags, and burglar alarms.
- Monitor and review paperwork procedures and systems to prevent error-related shortages.
- Administer systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety.
- Recommend improvements in loss prevention programs, staffing, scheduling, or training.
- Investigate or interview individuals suspected of shoplifting or internal theft.
Related Technology & Tools
- Physical access control systems
- Video surveillance systems
- Fire alarm monitoring systems
- Personal computers
- Closed circuit television CCTV monitoring systems
- Security alarm systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Work scheduling software
- MICROS XBR Loss Prevention
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Inventory tracking software
- Point of sale POS software programs
- Microsoft Office
- Personnel management software
- Microsoft Word
- Enabl-u Technologies APIS
- Structured query language SQL
- Time reporting software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
- Financial accounting software
- Microsoft PowerPoint