Will “Wind Field Service Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage wind field operations, including personnel, maintenance activities, financial activities, and planning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9199.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Wind Energy Operations Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Wind Energy Operations Managers
- Wind Site Manager
- Wind Plant Manager
- Wind Operations Supervisor
- Wind Operations Manager
- Wind Field Manager
- Wind Farm Operations Manager
- Site Manager
- Operations Manager
- Operations and Maintenance Manager
- Facility Manager
- Offshore Wind Operations Manager
Tasks for “Wind Field Service Manager”
- Order parts, tools, or equipment needed to maintain, restore, or improve wind field operations.
- Recruit or select wind operations employees, contractors, or subcontractors.
- Maintain operations records, such as work orders, site inspection forms, or other documentation.
- Oversee the maintenance of wind field equipment or structures, such as towers, transformers, electrical collector systems, roadways, or other site assets.
- Estimate costs associated with operations, including repairs or preventive maintenance.
- Track and maintain records for wind operations, such as site performance, downtime events, parts usage, or substation events.
- Develop relationships and communicate with customers, site managers, developers, land owners, authorities, utility representatives, or residents.
- Train or coordinate the training of employees in operations, safety, environmental issues, or technical issues.
- Monitor and maintain records of daily facility operations.
- Develop processes or procedures for wind operations, including transitioning from construction to commercial operations.
- Manage warranty repair or replacement services.
- Prepare wind field operational budgets.
- Review, negotiate, or approve wind farm contracts.
- Supervise employees or subcontractors to ensure quality of work or adherence to safety regulations or policies.
- Provide technical support to wind field customers, employees, or subcontractors.
- Establish goals, objectives, or priorities for wind field operations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mobile radios
- Desktop computers
- Recording anemometers
- Safety glasses
- Amp clamp meters
- Tower cranes
- Straight screwdrivers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Phillips head screwdrivers
- Photocopying equipment
- Vibration analyis equipment
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Manual torque wrenches
- Digital oscilloscopes
- Hydraulic torque machines
- Safety line evacuation kits
- Digital micrometers
- Field forklifts
- Digital calipers
- Fall arrest systems
- Laptop computers
- Voltage testers
- Adjustable widemouth pliers
- Personal computers
- Infrared thermography cameras
- Rigging equipment
- Lubricant oil sampling kits
- Adjustable wrenches
- Protective ear muffs
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Hard hats
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Wide area network WAN software
- Employee scheduling software
- Time and payroll management software
- Microsoft Excel
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
- Microsoft Project
- WebEx WebOffice
- Inventory control software
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management eAM
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Computerized diagnostic software