Will “Wind Power Project Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Lead or manage the development and evaluation of potential wind energy business opportunities, including environmental studies, permitting, and proposals. May also manage construction of projects.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9199.10
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Wind Energy Project Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Wind Energy Project Managers
- Renewable Project Management and Construction Director
- Project Manager
- Project Development Leader
- Project Developer
- Development Manager
- Development Director
- Development Associate
- Business Development Manager
- Business Development Director
- Business Developer
- Wind Projects Supervisor
- Wind Project Manager
- Wind Energy Project Manager
- Wind Development Director
- Renewable Energy Project Manager
- Environmental Projects Advisor
- Energy Projects Lead
Tasks for “Wind Power Project Manager”
- Manage site assessments or environmental studies for wind fields.
- Supervise the work of subcontractors or consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications or budgets.
- Update schedules, estimates, forecasts, or budgets for wind projects.
- Provide technical support for the design, construction, or commissioning of wind farm projects.
- Manage wind project costs to stay within budget limits.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of applications for environmental, building, or other required permits.
- Provide verbal or written project status reports to project teams, management, subcontractors, customers, or owners.
- Lead or support negotiations involving tax agreements or abatements, power purchase agreements, land use, or interconnection agreements.
- Prepare wind project documentation, including diagrams or layouts.
- Develop scope of work for wind project functions, such as design, site assessment, environmental studies, surveying, or field support services.
- Create wind energy project plans, including project scope, goals, tasks, resources, schedules, costs, contingencies, or other project information.
- Review or evaluate proposals or bids to make recommendations regarding awarding of contracts.
- Prepare requests for proposals (RFPs) for wind project construction or equipment acquisition.
- Coordinate or direct development, energy assessment, engineering, or construction activities to ensure that wind project needs and objectives are met.
- Review civil design, engineering, or construction technical documentation to ensure compliance with applicable government or industrial codes, standards, requirements, or regulations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital video cameras
- Desktop computers
- Wind vanes
- Soil samplers
- Digital still cameras
- Personal computers
- Cup anemometers
- Propeller anemometers
- Laptop computers
- Handheld global positioning system GPS units
- Electronic temperature sensors
- Recording anemometers
- Barometric pressure sensors
- Portable meteorological stations
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web conferencing software
- Oracle Primavera Systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software