Will “Template Worker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
88% Chance of Automation
“Template Worker” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #519 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Apply a mixture of cement, sand, pigment, or marble chips to floors, stairways, and cabinet fixtures to fashion durable and decorative surfaces.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 45,990.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 22.00
- Currently, there are 3,420 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Terrazzo Workers and Finishers”.
Also Known As…
- Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Terrazzo Worker
- Terrazzo Tile Setter
- Terrazzo Mechanic
- Terrazzo Laborer
- Terrazzo Journeyman
- Terrazzo Installer
- Terrazzo Grinder
- Terrazzo Finisher
- Terrazzo Worker Apprentice
- Terrazzo Roller
- Terrazzo Polisher
- Terrazzo Layer
- Rustic Terrazzo Setter
- Onyx-Chip Terrazzo Worker
- Marble-Chip Terrazzo Worker
- Granite-Chip Terrazzo Finisher
- Concrete Journeyman
- Coat Agent
- Build Master
- Artificial Marble Worker
Tasks for “Template Worker”
- Position and secure moisture membrane and wire mesh in preparation for pouring base materials for terrazzo installation.
- Clean installation site, mixing and storage areas, tools, machines, and equipment, and store materials and equipment.
- Grind surfaces with a power grinder or polish surfaces with polishing or surfacing machines.
- Build wooden molds, clamping molds around areas to be repaired, or setting up frames to the proper depth and alignment.
- Blend marble chip mixtures, place into panels, and push a roller over the surface to embed the chips.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Wet concrete surface and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
- Grind curved surfaces or areas inaccessible to surfacing machine, such as stairways or cabinet tops, with portable hand grinder.
- Chip, scrape, or grind high spots, ridges, or rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisel, hand chisel, or other hand tools.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, or straightedges.
- Spread, level, or smooth concrete or terrazzo mixtures to form bases or finished surfaces, using rakes, shovels, hand or power trowels, hand or power screeds, or floats.
- Move terrazzo installation materials, tools, machines, or work devices to work areas, manually or using wheelbarrow.
- Cut metal division strips and press them into the terrazzo base for joints or changes of color to form designs or patterns or to help prevent cracks.
- Measure designated amounts of ingredients for terrazzo or grout according to standard formulas and specifications, using graduated containers and scales, and load ingredients into portable mixer.
- Repair concrete by cutting out damaged areas, drilling holes for reinforcing rods, and positioning reinforcing rods, using power saw and drill.
- Sprinkle colored marble or stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder over surface to produce prescribed finish.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
- Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth with a trowel.
- Precast terrazzo blocks in wooden forms.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Modify mixing, grouting, grinding, or cleaning procedures, according to type of installation or material used.
- Remove frames when the foundation is dry.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Fill slight grinding depressions with matching grout material and hand trowel for a smooth, uniform surface.
- Wash polished terrazzo surface, using cleaner and water, and apply sealer and curing agent according to manufacturer's specifications, using brush or sprayer.
Related Technology & Tools
- Dust masks
- Wire brushes
- Power screeds
- Rake jointers
- Locking C-clamps
- Power saws
- Hand trowels
- Power drills
- Portable hand grinders
- Surfacing machines
- Putty knives
- Claw hammers
- Desktop computers
- Metal shears
- Polishing machines
- Power grinders
- Concrete floats
- Buffing machines
- Portable mortar mixers
- Handheld sprayers
- Floor sanders
- Safety goggles
- Hand screeds
- Hand chisels
- Power washers
- Pneumatic chisels
- Notebook computers
- Power trowels
- Construction Management Software ProEst
- CPR Visual Estimator
- CPR International GeneralCOST Estimator
- Microsoft Windows
- On Center Quick Bid
- Sapro Systems Paymee
- Microsoft Excel
- Intuit QuickBooks