Will “Government Gauger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate or inspect government property to ensure compliance with contract agreements and government regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Government Property Inspectors and Investigators”.
Also Known As…
- Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Rehabilitation Construction Specialist
- Quality Control Manager
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Neighborhood Conservation Officer
- Housing Quality Standard Inspector (HQS Inspector)
- Housing Management Representative
- Housing Inspector
- Environmental Specialist
- Asset Manager
- Airport Operations Officer
- Warehouse Examiner
- Station Examiner
- Rent and Housing Investigator
- Quality Assurance Representative
- Quality Assurance Inspector
- Property Inspector
- Project Inspector
- Port Patrol Officer
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
- Adjustment Examiner
Tasks for “Government Gauger”
- Testify in court or at administrative proceedings concerning investigation findings.
- Inspect government-owned equipment or materials in the possession of private contractors to ensure compliance with contracts or regulations or to prevent misuse.
- Recommend legal or administrative action to protect government property.
- Prepare correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations or recommendations for action.
- Inspect government property, such as construction sites or public housing, to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Collect, identify, evaluate, or preserve case evidence.
- Coordinate with or assist law enforcement agencies in matters of mutual concern.
- Examine records, reports, or other documents to establish facts or detect discrepancies.
- Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits.
- Submit samples of products to government laboratories for testing, as required.
- Locate and interview plaintiffs, witnesses, or representatives of business or government to gather facts relevant to inspections or alleged violations.
- Inspect manufactured or processed products to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Monitor investigations of suspected offenders to ensure that they are conducted in accordance with constitutional requirements.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Radio frequency identification RFID scanners
- Tablet computers
- 10-key calculators
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Word
- Records management software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Shipping software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft NetMeeting
- Peninsula Software Quicktrack Pro
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Inventory control system software
- Unique Identification UID system databases
- Microsoft Access
- Plant Clearance Automated Reutilization Screening System PCARSS
- Deltek Costpoint
- Wide Area Workflow WAWF system
- Email software
- Radio frequency identification RFID software
- Database software