Will “Drywall Finisher Foreman” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
62% Chance of Automation
“Drywall Finisher Foreman” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #344 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surface for painting or papering.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2082.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 53,790.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 18,480 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Tapers”.
Also Known As…
- Taping Foreman
- Drywall Taper
- Drywall Mechanic
- Drywall Foreman
- Drywall Finishing Foreman
- Drywall Finisher Foreman
- Drywall Finisher
- Wall Taper
- Sheet Rock Taper
Tasks for “Drywall Finisher Foreman”
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Apply texturizing compounds or primers to walls or ceilings before final finishing, using trowels, brushes, rollers, or spray guns.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Sand or patch nicks or cracks in plasterboard or wallboard.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard.
- Check adhesives to ensure that they will work and will remain durable.
- Select the correct sealing compound or tape.
- Work on high ceilings using scaffolding or other tools, such as stilts.
- Mix sealing compounds by hand or with portable electric mixers.
- Remove extra compound after surfaces have been covered sufficiently.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation.
- Countersink nails or screws below surfaces of walls before applying sealing compounds, using hammers or screwdrivers.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Sand rough spots of dried cement between applications of compounds.
Related Technology & Tools
- Industrial vacuums
- Drywall trowels
- Texture brushes
- Automatic taping tools
- Drywall taping knives
- Patch guns
- Hand operated spray guns
- Joint knives
- Corner knives
- Utility knives
- Radius trowels
- Texture sprayers
- Texture rollers
- Drywall power sanders
- Notebook computers
- Corner rollers
- Personal computers
- Mud mixing drills
- Hopper guns
- Application brushes
- Wall scrapers
- Drywall stilts
- Drywall knockdown knives
- Banjo drywall tapers
- Pivoting drywall knives
- Dust masks
- Drywall saws
- Drywall mud mixers
- Putty knives
- Air compressors
- Wipe-down knives
- Feather edge drywall darbies
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Applied Computer Systems JOBPOWER
- DevWave Estimate Works
- On Center Quick Bid