Will “Business Continuity Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Specialist”
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teleconferencing systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Mainframe computers
- Computer laser printers
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Computer server equipment
- Storage area network equipment
- Actuate BIRT
- Computer operating systems
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Sungard Assurance
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- SunGard NotiFind
- Web browser software
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft Access
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise backup systems
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Business continuity software
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Local area network LAN software
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Data entry software
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Emergency notification system software