Will “Chief Bank Examiner” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
17% Chance of Automation
“Chief Bank Examiner” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #198 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 88,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 42.00
- Currently, there are 49,750 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Financial Examiners”.
Also Known As…
- Financial Examiners
- Supervisory Examiner
- Senior Examiner
- Senior Capital Markets Specialist
- Principal Examiner
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Specialist (HMDA Specialist)
- Examining Officer
- Credit Union Field Examiner
- Credit Union Examiner
- Community Reinvestment Act Officer (CRA Officer)
- Bank Secrecy Act Anti-Money Laundering Officer (BSA/AML Officer)
- Treasury Analyst
- Securities Compliance Examiner
- Regulatory Analyst
- Pension Examiner
- Payroll Examiner
- Internal Auditor
- Financial Examiner
- Financial Compliance Examiner
- Director of Securities and Real Estate
- Compliance Vice President
- Compliance Specialist
- Compliance Officer
- Compliance Manager
- Compliance Director
- Compliance Analyst
- Bank Examiner
- Bank Compliance Officer
Tasks for “Chief Bank Examiner”
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Review applications for mergers, acquisitions, establishment of new institutions, acceptance in Federal Reserve System, or registration of securities sales to determine their public interest value and conformance to regulations, and recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Review audit reports of internal and external auditors to monitor adequacy of scope of reports or to discover specific weaknesses in internal routines.
- Confer with officials of real estate, securities, or financial institution industries to exchange views and discuss issues or pending cases.
- Establish guidelines for procedures and policies that comply with new and revised regulations and direct their implementation.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to interpret their meaning and determine their impact.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
- Review balance sheets, operating income and expense accounts, and loan documentation to confirm institution assets and liabilities.
- Examine the minutes of meetings of directors, stockholders and committees to investigate the specific authority extended at various levels of management.
- Evaluate data processing applications for institutions under examination to develop recommendations for coordinating existing systems with examination procedures.
- Resolve problems concerning the overall financial integrity of banking institutions including loan investment portfolios, capital, earnings, and specific or large troubled accounts.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
- Train other examiners in the financial examination process.
- Plan, supervise, and review work of assigned subordinates.
- Direct and participate in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.
- Provide regulatory compliance training to employees.
- Prepare reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail an institution's safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Notebook computers
- 10-key calculators
- Financial transaction analysis software
- ACL Analytics
- Microsoft Project
- Word processing software
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft SharePoint
- System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing SERFF
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Auditing software
- Spreadsheet software
- ODEN Insurance Services State Rules & Regulations
- Investigation management software
- Microsoft Visio
- Web browser software
- Presentation software
- Microsoft Office
- Oversight Insights On Demand
- Microsoft Word
- NILS INSource
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Financial compliance software
- General Examination System GENESYS
- PricewaterhouseCoopers TeamMate