Will “Certified Income Tax Preparer (CTP)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Certified Income Tax Preparer (CTP)” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #695 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2082.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 45,340.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 21.00
- Currently, there are 70,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Tax Preparers”.
Also Known As…
- Tax Preparers
- Tax Specialist
- Tax Preparer
- Tax Consultant
- Tax Associate
- Tax Advisor
- Master Tax Advisor
- Income Tax Preparer
- Enrolled Agent
- Corporate Tax Preparer
- Certified Income Tax Preparer (CTP)
- Tax Manager
- Tax Evaluator
- Licensed Tax Consultant
- Income Tax Expert
- Income Tax Consultant
- Income Tax Advisor
Tasks for “Certified Income Tax Preparer (CTP)”
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Explain federal and state tax laws to individuals and companies.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Answer questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Notebook computers
- 10-key calculators
- ATX Total Tax Office
- ExacTax PackageEX
- Datair Employee Benefits Systems
- Laserfiche Avante
- Microsoft Word
- Sungard Relius
- Universal Tax Systems TaxWise
- Petz Enterprises V-Tax
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Sync Essentials Trade Accountant
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Microsoft Outlook
- Email software
- LaCerte 1040 Tax Analyzer
- Datagroup ElectroFile ST
- Datagroup ElectroFile ELF
- Datagroup ElectroFile 1040
- Microsoft Excel
- Greatland Corporation Winfiler
- Electronic ToolKit for Tax Preparers
- Microsoft Access
- ATX Total Accounting Office
- Orrtax Software IntelliTax
- Intuit ProSeries
- Kleinrock Publishing
- Microsoft Office
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sales Tax Tools Sales Tax Researcher
- Thomson Reuters UltraTax CS
- CCH ProSystem fx TAX
- M8 Client Billing
- Thomson GoSystem MyTaxInfo
- ACI TaskTracker
- Intuit Quicken
- Tax software
- Web page creation and editing software
- Creative Solutions CPA Depreciation
- Creative Solutions UltraTax CS