Will “Tax Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Tax Specialist” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #695 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2082.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 45,340.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 21.00
- Currently, there are 70,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Tax Preparers”.
Also Known As…
- Tax Preparers
- Tax Specialist
- Tax Preparer
- Tax Consultant
- Tax Associate
- Tax Advisor
- Master Tax Advisor
- Income Tax Preparer
- Enrolled Agent
- Corporate Tax Preparer
- Certified Income Tax Preparer (CTP)
- Tax Manager
- Tax Evaluator
- Licensed Tax Consultant
- Income Tax Expert
- Income Tax Consultant
- Income Tax Advisor
Tasks for “Tax Specialist”
- Explain federal and state tax laws to individuals and companies.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Answer questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum.
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Notebook computers
- Desktop computers
- Laserfiche Avante
- Creative Solutions UltraTax CS
- Microsoft Access
- Intuit Quicken
- Datair Employee Benefits Systems
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Microsoft Outlook
- Intuit ProSeries
- Email software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Creative Solutions CPA Depreciation
- Datagroup ElectroFile 1040
- Petz Enterprises V-Tax
- Datagroup ElectroFile ELF
- CCH ProSystem fx TAX
- Microsoft Office
- Universal Tax Systems TaxWise
- Datagroup ElectroFile ST
- ATX Total Tax Office
- Web page creation and editing software
- Orrtax Software IntelliTax
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- ExacTax PackageEX
- Microsoft Word
- ACI TaskTracker
- Sungard Relius
- Microsoft Excel
- Greatland Corporation Winfiler
- Thomson Reuters UltraTax CS
- ATX Total Accounting Office
- Sync Essentials Trade Accountant
- Electronic ToolKit for Tax Preparers
- Thomson GoSystem MyTaxInfo
- M8 Client Billing
- LaCerte 1040 Tax Analyzer
- Kleinrock Publishing
- Sales Tax Tools Sales Tax Researcher
- Tax software