Will “Natural Gas Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor, operate, and maintain landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 51-8099.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Methane/Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Methane/Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
- Wellfield Technician
- Methane/Landfill Gas Generating System Technician
- Methane Gas Generation System Technician
- Landfill Gas Technician
- Landfill Gas Plant Field Technician
- Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Landfill Gas Collection System Technician
- Landfill Gas Collecting System Technician
- Gas Technician
- Gas Plant Technician
Tasks for “Natural Gas Technician”
- Measure landfill gas vegetative covering, installing additional covering as required.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot problems with methane or landfill gas collection systems.
- Monitor landfill gas perimeter probes to identify landfill gas migration.
- Perform routine maintenance or minor repairs to landfill gas collection and power generation systems, including equipment such as pneumatic pumps, blower or flare systems, and condensate management systems.
- Download landfill gas well field monitoring data.
- Repair or replace landfill gas piping.
- Read, interpret, and adjust monitoring equipment, such as flow meters and pressure or vacuum gauges.
- Measure liquid levels in landfill gas extraction wells.
- Prepare and submit compliance, operational, and safety forms or reports.
- Operate landfill gas, methane, or natural gas fueled electrical generation systems.
- Trace electrical circuitry for landfill gas buildings to ensure compliance of electrical systems with applicable codes or laws.
- Perform landfill surface scans to determine overall effectiveness of the landfill gas site.
- Verify that well field monitoring data conforms to applicable regulations.
- Monitor landfill well fields periodically to ensure proper functioning and performance.
- Balance individual gas extraction wells at landfill gas facilities.
- Analyze the layout, instrumentation, or function of electrical generation or transmission facilities.
- Record and maintain log of well-head gauge pressure readings.
Related Technology & Tools
- Straight screwdrivers
- Dump trucks
- Desktop computers
- Adjustable hand wrenches
- Oxygen analyzers
- Personal computers
- Pressure valves
- Water pumps
- Air compressors
- Micro anemometers
- Combustible gas monitors
- Flow monitoring equipment
- Adjustable widemouth pliers
- Notebook computers
- Utility trucks
- Temperature sensors
- Hand sampling pumps
- Multiple gas monitors
- Gas leak detectors
- Claw hammers
- Skid steer loaders
- Infrared analyzers
- All terrain vehicles ATV
- Portable gas-powered generators
- Open flares
- Air samplers
- Enclosed flares
- Grease dispensing guns
- Pressure gauges
- Water samplers
- Phillips head screwdrivers
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Email software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word