Will “Loss Control Consultant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Risk Management Specialists”.
Also Known As…
- Risk Management Specialists
- Risk Manager
- Risk Management Director
- Risk and Insurance Consultant
- Global Risk Management Director
- Credit Risk Management Director
- Chief Risk Officer
- Security Consultant
- Risk Management Specialist
- Risk Management Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Operational Risk Manager
- Operational Risk Consultant
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Market Risk Specialist
- Market Risk Analyst
- Information Technology Analyst
- Energy Risk Management Analyst
Tasks for “Loss Control Consultant”
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Track, measure, or report on aspects of market risk for traded issues.
- Recommend ways to control or reduce risk.
- Develop or implement risk-assessment models or methodologies.
- Evaluate the risks related to green investments, such as renewable energy company stocks.
- Conduct statistical analyses to quantify risk, using statistical analysis software or econometric models.
- Document, and ensure communication of, key risks.
- Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Confer with traders to identify and communicate risks associated with specific trading strategies or positions.
- Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Determine potential environmental impacts of new products or processes on long-term growth and profitability.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits involved in implementing green building technologies.
- Determine potential liability related to the use of more sustainable methods of product packaging, such as biodegradable food containers.
- Provide statistical modeling advice to other departments.
- Plan, and contribute to development of, risk management systems.
- Review or draft risk disclosures for offer documents.
- Analyze new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
- Devise scenario analyses reflecting possible severe market events.
- Consult financial literature to ensure use of the latest models or statistical techniques.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Devise systems and processes to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Meet with clients to answer queries on subjects such as risk exposure, market scenarios, or values-at-risk calculations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer data input scanners
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Project
- Insightful S-PLUS
- S&P Capital IQ
- StataCorp Stata
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Standard & Poor's Capital IQ Compustat
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Apache Pig
- Structured query language SQL
- Apache Hive
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Aptech Systems GAUSS