Will “Special Investigation Unit Investigator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Obtain evidence, take statements, produce reports, and testify to findings regarding resolution of fraud allegations. May coordinate fraud detection and prevention activities.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts”.
Also Known As…
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Special Investigation Unit Investigator
- Special Agent
- Inspector General
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Risk Analyst
- Internal Audit Manager
- Fraud Prevention Analyst
- Fraud Investigator
- Fraud Examiner
- Fraud Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- Data Analyst
- Audit Manager
Tasks for “Special Investigation Unit Investigator”
- Prepare evidence for presentation in court.
- Analyze financial data to detect irregularities in areas such as billing trends, financial relationships, and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Research or evaluate new technologies for use in fraud detection systems.
- Advise businesses or agencies on ways to improve fraud detection.
- Gather financial documents related to investigations.
- Create and maintain logs, records, or databases of information about fraudulent activity.
- Lead, or participate in, fraud investigation teams.
- Train others in fraud detection and prevention techniques.
- Testify in court regarding investigation findings.
- Recommend actions in fraud cases.
- Design, implement, or maintain fraud detection tools or procedures.
- Interview witnesses or suspects and take statements.
- Maintain knowledge of current events and trends in such areas as money laundering and criminal tools and techniques.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Evaluate business operations to identify risk areas for fraud.
- Negotiate with responsible parties to arrange for recovery of losses due to fraud.
- Review reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
- Arrest individuals to be charged with fraud.
- Document all investigative activities.
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings.
- Conduct field surveillance to gather case-related information.
- Obtain and serve subpoenas.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Digital audio recorders
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Digital still cameras
- Tablet computers
- Digital video cameras
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Splunk Enterprise
- SAP Business Objects
- IBM Cognos
- Bookkeeping software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Guardian Analytics FraudMAP
- Vertafore ImageRight
- ArcSight Enterprise Threat and Risk Management
- PCG Software Virtual Examiner
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data entry software
- TriZetto QNXT
- Structured query language SQL
- TIBCO Spotfire
- Business intelligence software
- Electronic health record EHR software
- Microsoft Access