Will “Ground Operations Crew Member” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
71% Chance of Automation
“Ground Operations Crew Member” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #388 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Ensure the safe takeoff and landing of commercial and military aircraft. Duties include coordination between air-traffic control and maintenance personnel; dispatching; using airfield landing and navigational aids; implementing airfield safety procedures; monitoring and maintaining flight records; and applying knowledge of weather information.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-2022.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 52,380.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 8,760 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Airfield Operations Specialists”.
Also Known As…
- Airfield Operations Specialists
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Coordinator
- Operations Agent
- Flight Follower
- Assistant Manager Airside Operations
- Airport Operations Specialist
- Airport Operations Officer
- Airport Operations Manager
- Airport Operations Coordinator
- Airport Duty Manager
- Operations Superintendent
- Operations Specialist
- Ground Operations Superintendent
- Flight Operations Manager
- Flight Operations Coordinator
- Flight Operation Coordinator
- Flight Information Expediter
- Flight Director
- Aviation Operations Specialist
- Airport Operations Duty Manager
- Airport Operations Crew Member
- Airport Manager
- Airline Dispatcher
- Airfield Services Officer
- Airfield Manager
- Air Operations Manager
Tasks for “Ground Operations Crew Member”
- Check military flight plans with civilian agencies.
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Coordinate communications between air traffic control and maintenance personnel.
- Plan and coordinate airfield construction.
- Coordinate with agencies such as air traffic control, civil engineers, and command posts to ensure support of airfield management activities.
- Relay departure, arrival, delay, aircraft and airfield status, and other pertinent information to upline controlling agencies.
- Receive and post weather information and flight plan data, such as air routes and arrival and departure times.
- Perform and supervise airfield management activities, including mobile airfield management functions.
- Train operations staff.
- Monitor the arrival, parking, refueling, loading, and departure of all aircraft.
- Use airfield landing and navigational aids and digital data terminal communications equipment to perform duties.
- Anticipate aircraft equipment needs for air evacuation and cargo flights.
- Maintain air-to-ground and point-to-point radio contact with aircraft commanders.
- Procure, produce, and provide information on the safe operation of aircraft, such as flight planning publications, operations publications, charts and maps, and weather information.
- Conduct departure and arrival briefings.
- Collaborate with others to plan flight schedules and air crew assignments.
- Coordinate with agencies to meet aircrew requirements for billeting, messing, refueling, ground transportation, and transient aircraft maintenance.
- Post visual display boards and status boards.
- Assist in responding to aircraft and medical emergencies.
- Provide aircrews with information and services needed for airfield management and flight planning.
- Receive, transmit, and control message traffic.
- Coordinate changes to flight itineraries with appropriate Air Traffic Control (ATC) agencies.
- Manage wildlife on and around airport grounds.
- Maintain flight and events logs, air crew flying records, and flight operations records of incoming and outgoing flights.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mobile radios
- Crack sealing equipment
- Utility trucks
- Visual display boards
- Identification card printers
- Dump trucks
- Multipurpose fire extinguishers
- Protective glasses
- Sweeper vehicles
- Desktop computers
- Lawn mowing tractors
- Fire vehicles
- Paint stripping equipment
- Emergency response vehicles
- Pyrotechnic pistols
- Snow removal equipment
- Bucket lifts
- Animal traps
- Airfield lighting equipment
- All terrain vehicles ATVs
- Airfield access control systems
- Security alarm systems
- Wheeled forklifts
- TRMI Airport AVI
- Microsoft Word
- Decision Support Technologies Propworks
- Microsoft Excel
- Data entry software
- Ground transportation management system
- Aircraft noise monitoring system software
- Internet Protocol Television Systems
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Operations scheduling software
- Microsoft Office
- Parking access revenue control system