Will “Mobile Lounge Driver or Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Mobile Lounge Driver or Operator” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #372 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Drive bus or motor coach, including regular route operations, charters, and private carriage. May assist passengers with baggage. May collect fares or tickets.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-3021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 41,780.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 169,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity”.
Also Known As…
- Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Transit Operator
- Transit Coach Operator
- Transit Bus Driver
- Motor Coach Operator
- Motor Coach Driver
- Charter Driver
- Charter Coach Driver
- Bus Operator
- Bus Driver
- Transportation Supervisor
- Transit Bus Operator
- Tram Driver
- Trackless Trolley Driver
- Tour Bus Driver
- Stage Driver
- School Bus Driver
- Route Driver
- Public Transit Trolley Driver
- Public Transit Bus Driver
- Motorcoach Operator
- Motorcoach Driver
- Motor Coach Tour Operator
- Motor Coach Bus Driver
- Motor Bus Driver
- Jitney Driver
- Interstate Bus Driver
- Delivery Driver
- Day Haul or Farm Charter Bus Driver
- Coach Operator
- City Bus Driver
- CDL Driver (Commercial Drivers License Driver)
Tasks for “Mobile Lounge Driver or Operator”
- Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
- Make minor repairs to vehicle and change tires.
- Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
- Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus, ensure they are seated properly, help carry baggage, and answer questions about bus schedules or routes.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Handle passenger emergencies or disruptions.
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
- Report delays or accidents.
- Maintain cleanliness of bus or motor coach.
- Load and unload baggage in baggage compartments.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
- Record information, such as cash receipts and ticket fares, and maintain log book.
- Collect tickets or cash fares from passengers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cell phones
- Tablet computers
- Emergency first-aid kits
- Powered service doors
- Wheelchair restraint systems
- Passenger buses
- Two way radios
- Digital surveillance camera systems
- Electronic destination signs
- Rear lifts
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Public address PA systems
- Lube guns
- Passenger vans
- Bus kneeling systems
- Tire pressure gauges
- Wheelchair lifts
- Microsoft Windows
- AOL MapQuest
- Web browser software
- Microsoft MapPoint